IGNORED

Throttle Linkage Question

tlorber

On the S30's there is a bracket welded to the firewall that contains a spindle (pivot point) for the first of the many moving parts in the throttle linkage. This spindle has 2 bushings similar in shape to the ones that the shifter lever connects to the tranny with (totally different size though). The bushings are plastic, and in my case, they allow quite a bit of slop as the accelerator is moved.

Has anyone ever rebushed these? I'd like to find either a final bushing or one I could use as a starting point and grind/mill down the the correct dimensions. Also, I'd prefer metal over plastic.

Thanks.

I'm in exactly the same boat. I have a 75. Wonder if someone might post up the page from the fishe with the linkage and the section with the part #'s. My CD doesn't want to cooperate these days. I'd like to see if the linkages with bushings might still be available from Nissan.

EDIT: MY apologies, I should have read the original post a little closer, you're referring to the pivot bushings. I managed to find some metric ones with the same OD as original but they needed to be drilled out a bit. Somewhat of a pain but it turned out alright.

Edited by preith
I'm blind

"up to Dec'74" Part number 18121-E4600 Assy-bell crank accelerator is shown. The nylon bushings were a part of this assembly, with no separate part number shown for them. Not too difficult of a job for a machinist to make a few up if you can't source them.

Edited by geezer

Bryan, you might be able to find/modify something from this company:

http://www.smallparts.com/

Here's the category that might be most interesting:

http://www.smallparts.com/b/16310181?searchRank=salesrank

Then there are subcategories at the top. This is the control cables link:

http://www.smallparts.com/b/16411711?refinementHistory=subjectbin%2Cmaterial_browse%2Cmanufacturer%2Citem_package_quantity%2Cbrandtextbin%2Cenc-merchantbin%2Cavailability%2Creview-rating%2Cdate%2Cis_prime&searchNodeID=16411711&searchRank=relevancerank&searchSize=20&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cmaterial_browse%2Cmanufacturer%2Citem_package_quantity%2Cbrandtextbin%2Cenc-merchantbin%2Cavailability%2Creview-rating%2Cdate%2Cis_prime

You'll find numerous interesting ball joints there. I know that's not what you're looking for, but just saying...

I don't know what bushings you need, but you're sure to find SOMETHING at Small Parts.