IGNORED

Stock SU air cleaner seals/bolts?

dano

Hi Folks,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've searched for this and unfortunately haven't found anything.

Does anyone know where I could get the rubber seals (gaskets?) for the stock SU air cleaner? This would be for the early air cleaner (non flap, non heat-riser tube).

I am thinking about getting rid of my individual round K&N filters and going back to the stock air cleaner box.

Oh, and would anyone happen to have an extra set of bolts for the air cleaner? I'm missing one of the wing-nut/inner bolt pairs. You know, the one that holds the outer shell to the mounting plate and the bolt that goes inside the air cleaner between the outer bolt and the mounting plate.

Thanks!

-Dan

If Zed Finding can get the seals, they are better off than we are, as we haven't been able to get the stuff from NISSAN for a long time. Of course, that holds true for several items NLA here in the states but still available in Canada.

Steve has found a window insulation extrusion at Home Depot that can be made to work (with a razor blade) and doesn't show when the air cleaner housing is assembled.

Bruce what is the difference in Canada than the USA on parts is it a problem with Nissan USA or with trade? I've found that it is usually the other way with Canada that it is easier to get things in the US. With the exception of chemical related things like platting and radiator restoration.

I've got a pair of the bolt sets. Missing one of the two cupped washers/rubber sealing washers. Not pretty plating, but they'd work, and the price would reflect that. Shoot me a PM, if you still need 'em.

Hi Folks,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've searched for this and unfortunately haven't found anything.

Does anyone know where I could get the rubber seals (gaskets?) for the stock SU air cleaner? This would be for the early air cleaner (non flap, non heat-riser tube).

I am thinking about getting rid of my individual round K&N filters and going back to the stock air cleaner box.

Oh, and would anyone happen to have an extra set of bolts for the air cleaner? I'm missing one of the wing-nut/inner bolt pairs. You know, the one that holds the outer shell to the mounting plate and the bolt that goes inside the air cleaner between the outer bolt and the mounting plate.

Thanks!

-Dan

Rubber seals can be generic ones from Lowes or Home depot.

You just got to cut it to fit it.

Thank you to everyone that replied!

I've managed to turn my garage upside down and locate the original bolts. So Arne, thank you very much but will not need to take you up on your offer at this time.

I'm going to e-mail Zedd Findings and see what they say. Will post it back here.

I've not got the best record in the world with Home Depot car hackery, so keeping that as the backup option for now.

Thanks all!

-Dan

Thank you to everyone that replied!

I've managed to turn my garage upside down and locate the original bolts. So Arne, thank you very much but will not need to take you up on your offer at this time.

I'm going to e-mail Zedd Findings and see what they say. Will post it back here.

I've not got the best record in the world with Home Depot car hackery, so keeping that as the backup option for now.

Thanks all!

-Dan

Stay away from the big box hackery you can do well at times but they just don't have the fasteners you should use.