IGNORED

Kia Sportage weatherstip rocks!

steve91tt

McMaster-Carr weatherstripping works great and was $42 shipped to my door in just 3 days from me ordering...just a thought for those of you who dont want to wait.

What was the McMaster-Carr part number you used?

25 feet of part number 1120A331 from McMaster-Carr.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#1120a331/=6l3xfm

I would not hesitate to recommend this as another option. For me, my doors were difficult to close due to overly thick weatherstripping. The McMaster-Carr weatherstripping fit perfectly and took about 40 minutes total to test-fit, cut to length, and securely install on both doors. Initial leak test showed zero leaks and my doors now close perfectly with just a light push.

Post and reviews from other folks on the weatherstripping here:

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/83080-new-weatherstrip-alternative/page__st__40

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Took a while, but my pair of Kia seals finally showed up over the holidays.

The Nissan OEM gasket on the drivers side is fine currently, but the passenger side needs to be replaced. My rear hatch inner seal, however, is worn out and seems to have a small gap on the lower passenger side.

Has anyone here followed through on replacing their inner hatch seal with the Kia door seal, like zKars showed was possible? Just wondering how it turned out before I commit a seal to trying it myself.

I've got a Precision hatch seal I ordered from BD a few years ago that I haven't used yet, mainly because I'm wanting to avoid the difficulty other posters have reported in installing the OEM style gaskets.