IGNORED

'69 Build on Ebay

geezer

I emailed him and asked for pics of the underside and to detail what the rut issues are. He advised would post them up later tonight. It'll be interesting to see for sure and I have some extra $$ right now as I sold my '72 yesterday. That and its only a few hours away make it more attractive to buy.

I emailed him and asked for pics of the underside and to detail what the rut issues are. He advised would post them up later tonight. It'll be interesting to see for sure and I have some extra $$ right now as I sold my '72 yesterday. That and its only a few hours away make it more attractive to buy.

Congrats, on the selling of your '72. I was considering making the drive to see this car, if the weather stays good, but then thought better of it, having too many projects now, that are not getting done fast enough. The temptation is great though. It is not far from me and my car trailer is empty. Sombody, please handcuff me to a pipe or something!:rolleyes:

Edited by geezer

Ron, I understand your thinking - I see a car like that and think, "It needs to be saved, and I can save it!" Problem is that if I try to "save" too many cars, I never get any totally done. So (with a little help from my wife) I have learned to limit myself to one at a time. Frustrating, at times. But rewarding too, as then I have a fighting chance to finish one and drive it!

Ron, I understand your thinking - I see a car like that and think, "It needs to be saved, and I can save it!" Problem is that if I try to "save" too many cars, I never get any totally done. So (with a little help from my wife) I have learned to limit myself to one at a time. Frustrating, at times. But rewarding too, as then I have a fighting chance to finish one and drive it!

That's the reality! And there's nothing like the common sense of a good women to keep us from having too many Zs... Nah, what am I saying.:stupid: HaHa! The real problem is, after making the drive I'd probably find a bunch of early Z guys camped in the sellers backyard!LOL

I can't read the door plate. Would that be an 11/69 car?

I can't read it either, but in the ad he says it is a 11/69 production car, which seems right. One thing I noticed is the engine bay data plate has been removed. If I was interested in the car (which I am not) I would ask about that and find out what the number on the the original engine is and compare that to other early cars to see if it fits in the range. I wonder why the original engine was pulled and replaced with the one currently in the car? The seller also mentions rust spots in the floors, but doesn't show any pics of it. Otherwise, the car looks pretty good from the pictures shown.

-Mike

post-9102-14150809785315_thumb.jpg

Oh, I'm right there with you guys! I'll be very interested to see what this goes for...and to whom!

I'm only guessing here but I would say his reserve is somewhere around 10 grand based on the fact that he quoted the NADA website about a 100 point vehicle and they put the middle value at 11 grand.

Just my thoughts. I wish I had the garage space right now.