IGNORED

280 A/T to M/T swap

norcaljimbo

i was wondering if anyone else has experienced this before. i have a 76 auto. i pulled the automatic out. instaled clutch pedal, master, slave etc.. went to put the flywheel on. and the crank seems different? its slopy. the automatic flywheel had a bigger hole on the inside.

also my trans and parts are out of a 2+2.do they interchange with a normal body z?

There is a thin spacer plate on the end of the crank that has to come off! Just stare at the end, you'll see it. Its just sitting there.

And you need to put a pilot bushing in the end of the crank for the manual trans input shaft to fit in.

There is a thread on here with detailed step by step instructions on everything you need to collect and do. Search and yee will find, something like that.

Let us know if you run into any problems.

Jim

no spacer on the manual. 2+2 has a 240mm flywheel......get a 240z flywheel, or you'll have to change a number of things as mentioned in aforementioned post. However if all your parts are from a 2+2 (trans, flywheel, pressure plate, clutch lever etc., it will work).

Edited by Diseazd

im having troubles with my clutch. it seems like my flywheel is too close to the engine block. is there a spacer for the manual trans? like the one i took off for the auto?
I'm not sure what you are saying on this. Did all of the clutch parts come from the same donor as the transmission? I'm wondering if when you say the flywheel sits too close to the engine, what you are really saying is that the clutch doesn't disengage fully when pushing the pedal. Which makes me wonder if you have a classic pressure plate/release bearing collar mis-match.