IGNORED

Prince emblem

IdahoKidd

Well I am glad we got all of that settled!:) If nothing else, I got a great history lesson. And WingZr0, now that we have established the shift knob is worthless, I'll give you $20.00 for it:beer: (went back and read some old posts, some were misleading to say the least)

OH GREAT, IT WAS YOU GUYS THAT TOLD ME IT WAS PRINCE IN THE FIRST PLACE :)LOL ! Searce a thread called 'Prince Rallye Shift Knob' or keywords Datsun Lion and Griffin and that thread should turn up. Well if thats the case i still love it though. I Even have a chrome metal one too :) .
Actually, I think that it was Carl who said it had to do with Prince. Basically, all I did was relent. I've never seen anything else that associates the lion (or lyon?) with Prince.

Haha relax guys just making a joke, I haven't read that thread in years :) . Just assuming it was the "general" concensous. Twenty bucks Kid no way bro, the red knobs are hard to find but in that thread theres a link to a place that sales the yellow ones :) . I only listed it incase someone really needs it before i find my dream 70 Z. Besides this is all knew info for me too. I might need to take you to the next swap meet with me though, i'm sure we'll score some deals :)

Edited by WingZr0

Looks sweet Ron. The original design may be Nissan but the most common ones are aftermarket from AMCO. They made all kinds of knobs include the Safari Rallye knob which was what i was remembering wrong. That knob has the front face of tiger on it and not a Lyon. You can find pics most commonly in the Amco ads sold on ebay. Ever seen a NOS Gold key chain of this with same red logo? I have one :) will post some pics when can.

Edited by WingZr0

Yeah, I've seen those. Looks like the merger had already taken place at that point. I've not seen a Prince embem with the Lion (Lyon) without 'Nissan' on it also. I've seen Nissan by itself with the lion logo, Datsun by itself with the lion logo but never Prince by itself with the lion logo.

Edited by sblake01

Check these out.

Hey Chris! That was a little project undertaken a few years ago by a (New Zealand?) member of the Prince Skyline Register here in Australia. He had the translation done and a few stickers made up......I've got one here somewhere!?...