IGNORED

Prince emblem

IdahoKidd

In the parts for sale a person has a Prince shift knob for sale. My 72 240 has that very same emblem in the middle of the console just ahead of the shift lever (between shift lever and radio). I never thought much of it until I see the shift knob. Is there any significance (history) to the emblem? A search here doesn't mention it. Mostly curious.

Leonard

Thanks for the lead. I am guessing that it is just an honor badge of some sort then and has no particular direct association to the car? (240z). It isn't commerative or part of an option package or any such thing? (I watch too much Antique Road Show I guess). WingZr0 has the knob listed in the classifieds which brought it to my attention.

I think you're talking about the 'prancing lion' logo rather than the Prince logo. I had a similar knob in my 810. Sometimes it's mistakedly (IMO) referred to as a 'Griffin'. Not sure if it has anything at all to do with the Prince Motor Company.

30t6qo2.jpg2hgfw9s.jpg

Edited by sblake01

If the merger was in 1966, the Fairlady roadster would also predate it. So, WingZrO, if you're watching, your 'Prince' shift knob has been busted! zvvi34.jpg
OH GREAT, IT WAS YOU GUYS THAT TOLD ME IT WAS PRINCE IN THE FIRST PLACE :)LOL ! Searce a thread called 'Prince Rallye Shift Knob' or keywords Datsun Lion and Griffin and that thread should turn up. Well if thats the case i still love it though. I Even have a chrome metal one too :) . Edited by WingZr0

Also, if I recall correctly, saw the red versions decal on one of the Works Rally Cars. Not sure though but I think it was on the Zpoint.com site in one of the movies and the race was in Britain somewhere. It was placed on the front fenders like the Ferrari logos are. In the parts store link in my sig theres a pic of the decal in the Decal and Emblems section if someone wants to post the pic here. I would but i'm using a cell phone (insert sad face here).

Edited by WingZr0