IGNORED

Right Hand Drive conversion

280zjoel

Yes It would be easier to buy a fairladyz, the only problem is that ive done alot of work to the car and i have a sentimental attachment to it. I really wanted a fairladyz but I would hate to have to buy another project since ive been working on this one for about 3 years now and am almost done with it, to buy another project would be a bad idea for me since I dont have alot of money, (then I would have 2 non running cars at the house) and I though that since I have the skills to do it, it wouldnt be that hard, boy was I wrong. Its a good learning process for me too.

• 5 weeks later...

I skimmed through the hybridz thread, and I searched for use of the word "why," but I am still puzzled:

WHY would you do this? The only thing I can think of is foolishly trying to earn ricer street cred "OH LOOK IT'S RHD JDM LOLOL ^_^"

No offense intended, I just cannot see the rationale. Driving a RHD car in the states is pretty inconvenient, and downright dangerous in some ways.

Yes It would be easier to buy a fairladyz, the only problem is that ive done alot of work to the car and i have a sentimental attachment to it. I really wanted a fairladyz but I would hate to have to buy another project since ive been working on this one for about 3 years now and am almost done with it, to buy another project would be a bad idea for me since I dont have alot of money, (then I would have 2 non running cars at the house) and I though that since I have the skills to do it, it wouldnt be that hard, boy was I wrong. Its a good learning process for me too.

Joel, Your project reminded me of the only other right-hand conversion that I've ever heard of , a '69 Dodge Charger right-hand conversion that I saw on Speed TV a number of months ago (see link & pics below). Good luck with your project!

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0903phr_13_different_muscle_cars_of_sema/1969_dodge_charger_vehicle_specifications.html

post-6600-1415080941908_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150809419298_thumb.jpg

I skimmed through the hybridz thread, and I searched for use of the word "why," but I am still puzzled:

WHY would you do this? The only thing I can think of is foolishly trying to earn ricer street cred "OH LOOK IT'S RHD JDM LOLOL ^_^"

No offense intended, I just cannot see the rationale. Driving a RHD car in the states is pretty inconvenient, and downright dangerous in some ways.

No offense taken, to tell you the truth. I really wanted to get a fairlady Z. but at this point in my life I do not want to take on another project. I really like my 280z(its my baby) and I cant Justify selling it and buying a Fairlady Z which will probably end up being a rust bucket and do a lot of work to it to finish it off. I dont have alot of money so buying a restored one is out of the question, but I do have some skills that help me to do the work myself. For me its more of a learning process. Dont worry Im not one of those "JDM TYTE YO" guys. Its nice to have someone compliment your car when you know that you did most of the work yourself. I dont %100 agree with your coment about being dangerous, Ive talked to quite a few people who have driven RHD cars (got friends who work with the post office) and they mentioned once you get used to it, its not a problem. Plus im looking forward to backing up in a drive through to order food LOL.;)

• 5 months later...

To be honest, I think the whole RHD craze will be gone soon and all the people doing this conversion will be left with a hacked up firewall. Sorry to be blunt.

I do admire all the hard work and everything, and I hope it does turn out the way you want to be. You probably have some good fab skills to pull this off.