IGNORED

WILD Z on ebay

IdahoKidd

First, I have no affiliation with this car at all. Found it on ebay and it turns out it is in my home town. I'll have to go check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-Z-Series_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c0d97e28eQQitemZ120487142030QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

Not sure how to turn it blue to make it a link. Worth taking a look though.

Leonard

The guy building that car was building his dream. He knew what he wanted, and set out to do it. He got farther than most people, before something happened to change the dream, or life changes forced him to abandon it.

Problem is that it is mostly worthless to anyone who doesn't share that particular dream. Sad truth is than since the car was not finished, it's going to probably end up being sold for parts. Sad, but that's the most likely.

The guy building that car was building his dream. He knew what he wanted, and set out to do it. He got farther than most people, before something happened to change the dream, or life changes forced him to abandon it.

Problem is that it is mostly worthless to anyone who doesn't share that particular dream. Sad truth is than since the car was not finished, it's going to probably end up being sold for parts. Sad, but that's the most likely.

Underline mine.

I agree.

I find it hypocritical that many of the same people that constantly advise new members to do with their own cars as they see fit, would have a hard time, if not accepting this, at least not vilifying it.

One man's modification is another man's bastardization. That you don't like it is fair... once you start proletizing against it, be prepared for others to denigrate YOUR changes to your car.

Didn't everyone drool over "Blue Oval Z"? What about those vehicles with rear fender flares, or the recent vote poll on spoilers. All of those are examples of modifications, some of which might be repugnant to some people, and some which are especially appealing. Yes, there exist examples of bad results and hundreds more of half-assed results that ended up poorly. But everyone wants to make their car their "own" and whether it's fuzzy dice off your mirror, or speaker enclosures in the rear of the car, or LED tail-lights, SOME people will find those mods distasteful and others will find them pleasing.

Whether you are a "purist" or a wild customization modifiier, at least discuss it without resorting to caustic vernacular.

Might I suggest that instead of denigrating what you hate about this car, find ways of changing/improving it so that it would be appealing to more people.

2¢

E

Thanks EScanlon.

"But everyone wants to make their car their "own" and whether it's fuzzy dice off your mirror, or speaker enclosures in the rear of the car, or LED tail-lights, SOME people will find those mods distasteful and others will find them pleasing."

or original paint, or aftermarket shift handles, or cut up race cars, some even like their own spit up!

It's just all messed up when this is what we see through our eyes. :ermm: