IGNORED

24 months of intensive restoration, and I'm almost done.

blakt out

So far, two offers over half that. Of course, I didn't take them.

What I have here is the nicest 240Z in America that isn't a time capsule stock car. There may be another this nice, but there's none nicer. On top of that, it's been fully modernized, and weighs substantially LESS than a stock 240Z but has multiples of the power.

If it doesn't bring that, then I'm fine. But MK1888... geez... get real.

I'm sorry to see you're selling Jared, and wish for you the best with your work overseas. Hopefully this car ends up with another Z nut, and not just a random collector with a big bankroll. Come to think of it, I DO have an unchecked lottery ticket in my wallet...

If it doesn't bring that, then I'm fine. But MK1888... geez... get real.

$125K asking price and I'm the one who needs to get real. Thanks for making me laugh. You can buy a Vette for much less. And a Vette has modern EVERYTHING.

Good luck, though.

Edited by MK1888

$125K asking price and I'm the one who needs to get real. Thanks for making me laugh. You can buy a Vette for much less. And a Vette has modern EVERYTHING.

Good luck, though.

The only car that you an have a foot long mullet and still somehow blend in with. Good call. Be sure to have your nickname embroidered into the seats and floormats, and definitely don't forget the chrome tail light louvers.

Edited by blakt out

Hey Jared,

Great seeing you today at the Z car show, the 240 looks amazing (and sounds great). I had no idea you were selling it, if I had known I would have acted interested in hopes of a test drive........;) j/k

Looking forward to your article in Excellence, and the upcoming GT3 / Boxster Spyder showdown on the Dragon.

See ya on the 6th,

Randy

• 1 month later...

I wish you the best Jared, I really do, but I would pay more for a stock 240Z than yours personally.

If somebody sees the value of your car over other engine swapped Z's then you may get what you want. But you are looking for a VERY rare buyer with both the desire AND money to own the exact car YOU had built. Seems to be wanting the planets to align or something.

Guess when it is sold and if we ever hear from the buyer we will hear how much it sold for.

I wish you the best Jared, I really do, but I would pay more for a stock 240Z than yours personally.

If somebody sees the value of your car over other engine swapped Z's then you may get what you want. But you are looking for a VERY rare buyer with both the desire AND money to own the exact car YOU had built. Seems to be wanting the planets to align or something.

Guess when it is sold and if we ever hear from the buyer we will hear how much it sold for.

I disagree with you to some extent, Zedyone_kenobi. 'Restomods' are gaining in popularity and going for big bucks. Have you checked out a recent Barrett-Jackson auction lately? I realize that we're talking primarily about American muscle cars, but I think in time imports will soon follow. I'm pretty much of a purist and all of my 240Zs have been stock, but to tell you the truth, the restomods have recently started to grow on me.

Jared's car is the best of both worlds- you have the classic look of a near-stock 240Z on the outside restored to the 9s, but under the hood, you have a modern power plant that has so much more power and underneath a suspension with superior handling & braking than a stock 240Z. In my book, Jared's is the ultimate 240Z restomod and his 240Z is at the same level of what you see on Barrett-Jackson going at auction for close or above 6-figures. It might just be a little ahead of its time.

Although I feel like Zedyone about restomods, I do think lonetree is right. I've seen quite a few 30's street rods popping up, and they're selling for insane prices. So you take a very nice, classic, early 30's coupe, chop the top, throw out some cool old engine and the hood that goes around it, put a big, chrome-covered, supercharged V-8 in it, lower it, put flares and fat wheels on it, and otherwise make it look like a Hot Wheels car, and it goes for insanely big bucks! Go figure!

I guess it's catering to the second childhood of the boomer population that mysteriously has money to burn in this awful economy. I pity the cars that undergo these transformations, though.

I don't quite categorize Jared's resto-mod in this group. It's much more tastefully and intelligently done. However, my thought is that if you want to drive a modern performance car, you should buy a modern performance car, rather than to turn some antique classic into one.

Edited by FastWoman