IGNORED

Oregon or Bust!

So......

Got to Oregon drove around, eugene, medford, astoria, and back down the coast. Saw the rain and the cold weather......came back down to Southern California. I didn't want to say anthing. Don't hate me, im sure the weather in Oregon is beautiful at times. Just wasn't for me. :(

I going to shop around and make sure i find a place i can commit to.

Hope i didn't disappoint.

Frankie

Don't be concerned about dissapointing anyone but yourself. No move has to be permanent. In your lifetime you are likely to relocate several times. Good luck and keep the thread alive with updates. Just out of curiosity, how many miles have you logged on this venture so far?

Hate you? Heck no. Most of us are jealous that you can choose your destination.

I was just in SoCal for work last week and wished I was staying.

Enjoy the freedom the rest of us wish we had. ;-) And keep us posted on where you end up.

Al

What Al said! ;)

FAIW, California is EXPENSIVE. I do remember the cloudy skies of Portland the week I was there. You might not have gotten a fair glimpse of the state, though. It's hard to tell much about the weather from a few days. If you had been here in Coastal Virginia this past week, you'd be making tracks back inland. Ah, but it's beautiful here -- usually -- when we're not flooding because of some nor'easter.

Anyway, good luck figuring out where you want to live. IMO, you're doing it right!

Peace,

Sarah

So......

Got to Oregon drove around, eugene, medford, astoria, and back down the coast. Saw the rain and the cold weather......came back down to Southern California. I didn't want to say anthing. Don't hate me, im sure the weather in Oregon is beautiful at times. Just wasn't for me. :(

I going to shop around and make sure i find a place i can commit to.

Hope i didn't disappoint.

Frankie

No disappointment here at all. I really enjoyed following your whole adventure. It brought back some great memories.

As for SoCal, I love it! I have lived here most of my life and there are not too many places I'd rather be. I grew up in Redondo Beach and am now settled in San Diego. Best weather on earth and some of the best roads. Skiing and surfing both well within reach. No plans to move anywhere else.

Best wishes in your endeavors,

Rich

Well, in defense of Oregon, it's not always as bad as you saw. But there are numerous times throughout the winter months when this weather is the norm, especially on the coast. (Not quite as much inland where I live.)

Actually, while many might think that it was bad luck for your visit to coincide with a bad couple of weeks weather-wise, I think that may have been for the best. Better you see that weather first, than get here in the often beautiful fall weather, get settled down and THEN see what winter can be like.

Alright glad u guys didn't beat me up to bad.

I am down in San Diego this week lookin around.

As far as the miles, it should be around 5200 give or take. My speedometer ate it in minnesota. However many, its been quite a drive. I gotta admit im a little tired of driving and ready to call it. Just gotta find the right place.

Thought about Denver Darrell and my buddy wants me to come back. But im not sure i would make it through a summer in the snow with the z.

Frankie