IGNORED

Ztherapy excitement

Zedyone_kenobi

The Ace hardware here in town has a good selection of metric fasteners now. It allowed me to mount my ducted spook with metric bolts. If they are nearby it might be worth a look. I'm not sure on the length since I've never removed the factor thermostat housing bolts

Just curious to see how many of you installed the ZTherapy carbs, strait out of the box, and got it running without tweeking the settings? I know that every application is different and requires some adjustments after installation but just wondering if the car fired up without any adjustments.

Just curious to see how many of you installed the ZTherapy carbs, strait out of the box, and got it running without tweeking the settings? I know that every application is different and requires some adjustments after installation but just wondering if the car fired up without any adjustments.

Mine did. Of course, you can double check the settings on the carbs within a minute by reading the instructions that come with them, and it will fire right up.

While I didn't need the ztherapy treatment, a good pair of carbs will fire right away (once the bowls have fuel). I would verify base settings but base settings should get you going. Synching will be needed on any new set of carbs.

After fighting a pair of leaky carbs, a nicely sealed set is so nice. Air leaks around the throttle shafts will have you pulling out your hair guaranteed.

Bolted my new ZTherapy's up, and it started right up (once I got a timing issue straightened out). One quick adjustment with the Uni-sys for high rpm balance, and they've been set ever since.

YOu guys are making me VERY happy! I am about to start bolting parts back up. I am holding off for two reasons. I am thinking that I may want to get some parts cad plated. I have a small pile of connectors and bolts and nuts. I cleaned them up with a wire wheel and Dremel, and they look clean and new, but would look better with a shiny CAD plate.

I also nearly finished up my air cleaner resto yesterday. I have a few runs I need to work out with some 2000 grit and polish off. I think I am going to clear coat the thing when I am done to protect the new stickers I got for her.

All I am waiting on now is gaskets for my Thermostat housing and I am off to the races!

Should be fun. I think I will go ahead and flush the rad while I am here and replace all the hoses. I have to plug up the intake water path anyway.

Okay, today was a great day. I got the header back on as well as the new carbs. They look very purrrrdy. refinished my thermostat housing and cover and got those in. Found some spiffy cad covered grade 8 bolts to install there.

On note of warning. Put the washer and nut loosely on the lower studs for the intake first. Trying to fish those lower nuts on with the header and intake on was a bit of a pain. Apparently I have bear claw hands, and they would not reach very easily. But after many trys and finally MacGeyvering with a wrench and some tape, I got them on. Tomorrow I have to torque all the bolts and then I can start installing my new fuel lines and reroute my coolant lines to take into consideration the lack of intake water passages. MOre to come.

UPDATE:

4106020006_7cb1e58e7a_b.jpg

All parts are on the car. I did not get around to finally torquing the bolts. There is no way I will be able to get a torque wrench on the bolts below the intake, so I will have to use the force.

This is shaping up well. I still have some cleaning to do on the block and run new fuel lines. Still have not figured out how I want to rerun the coolant lines. MOre on that after Turkey day I guess.

Thats the plan...just need to find the cleanest way to do that.

Latest issue is the upper and lower radiator hoses. My factory radiator was upgraded from a two core to a three core. While this is great and all, the outlet and inlet to the radiator seems to be larger than the stock 240Z radiator. I ordered an upper and lower radiator hose from Black DRagon and the part that attaches to the engine is perfect, but the part that had to go onto the radiator was a ultra tight fit. I think its far too tight. I need to find a larger diameter tube hose, with the same bend.

The search is on!