IGNORED

Early 240z

z-spec

• 3 months later...

• 1 month later...
The best Zs are the early ones. I just know because I have one but seriously... The Zs before they went to the 260 were true sports cars. They didn't have anything but car - no power windows, no fluff, just sports car. :)

Harry

Original owner orange (the best color) '72 240z

I agree w/you, Harry. I love all Zs but the earlier they are the more I love

them. Our '70 was #918 orange before we did it up in candy apple red w/

gold trim. BTW any connection w/Harry "The Hat" Walker, the major league

baseball player back in the '30s-50s?

All Z Best,..................................Kathy & Rick

there are two in the garden...

Not mine, but stored there, nonetheless.

Should I forward photos to Frank?

NOT a running car.

Hi Tony , back in Obama residence , did you enjoy Spa ?

These 69 cars have they got a title ?

Please send me the pics ,

1970 car what came in june in now in the paintshop and getting some new red paint .

Hear from You ,

there are two in the garden...

Not mine, but stored there, nonetheless.

Should I forward photos to Frank?

NOT a running car.

These 69 cars have they got a title ?

Please send me the pics ,

I think the two cars Tony D is referring to are HLS30-00305 and HLS30-00051. The owner listed them on ebay several times for $10k each a couple of years ago http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26318. There are a couple of pictures of 305 in the thread and a couple of 51 in this one http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25547.

HLS30-00190 was for sale for $3000 recently, but that was a pretty rough car too http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35792.

-Mike

• 2 weeks later...

305 is in the garden true enough. 51 is stored elsewhere. I think 1717 or something like that is back there as well. I haven't checked VINS on those cars since they're 'courtesy storage' for someone else.

Lowest I own is 6225 (and the matching RHD one 6330...) That's early enough for me!

The series 1 cars are currently more collectable. Keep in mind that the later series cars did include some improvements over the earlier models. For example the mounting point for the differential was relocated and the speedomoter was changed to start at "0" instead of 20mph. With that said... a 72 Z might be the most "refined" of the 240z cars. But then again...I may be a tad biased...I own one.

Now if it only had that E31 head....

Edited by Rich1

The series 1 cars are currently more collectable. Keep in mind that the later series cars did include some improvements over the earlier models. For example the mounting point for the differential was relocated and the speedomoter was changed to start at "0" instead of 20mph. With that said... a 72 Z might be the most "refined" of the 240z cars. But then again...I may be a tad bias...I own one.

I'm quite fond of my 20mph speedo :D

The series 1 cars are currently more collectable. Keep in mind that the later series cars did include some improvements over the earlier models. For example the mounting point for the differential was relocated and the speedomoter was changed to start at "0" instead of 20mph. With that said... a 72 Z might be the most "refined" of the 240z cars. But then again...I may be a tad biased...I own one.

I have 2 1973's and they both have speedos that start at 10, did they ever start at 0?