IGNORED

Engine to tranny bolt size?

kensval

Can anyone tell me the metric bolt size for the bolts holding the tranny to the engine on a 280ZX L28 engine? I just bought one for a spare engine for my 280Z, and intend to mount it on my engine stand. I'd like to have new Gr.8 bolts on hand ahead of time, but don't know the bolt diameter and thread pitch.

Thanks in advance!

It has always been my desire to take all the exploded drawings on the L6 and S30 chassis from the FSM and/or the parts CD and label each bolt, nut, screw, etc. with both the size and torque value (if any) so that it would be easy to come by this info. I've toyed with the idea of this being a project for when I retire. However, after last year's 401K slaughter, it doesn't look as though retirement is a near-term option for me.:cry:

Better yet, does anyone know of some other fool who's already gone to the trouble of doing this? If so, I can plan to squander my golden years on something else. Golf, anyone? Nah, just shoot me...:stupid:

• 4 weeks later...

I bought some 10mm x 1.25 metric bolts to attach the engine to the stand, but the bolts will not thread into the block. The threads are too fine. What's the next coarser thread spec for the 10mm bolt... 1.0?