IGNORED

1970 Z Refresh...biting the bullet

motorman7

On the plating, is the finish really as bright yellow as it appears in the pics?

I think the flourescent lights in the garage make it look that bright. I will try and take it out tomorrow in sun and get some pics. I have some before pics taken outside, so it should be a better comparison.

I think the flourescent lights in the garage make it look that bright. I will try and take it out tomorrow in sun and get some pics. I have some before pics taken outside, so it should be a better comparison.

I think that the "yellow zinc" (that is so readily available in the US due to EPA restrictions regarding cad plating chemicals) gives more of a gold look that traditional cadmium plating.

I am about to send out some engine bay parts and would love to see the outdoor pictures. They may help me decide whether my parts go to Canada or to a local shop.

John

I am about to send out some engine bay parts and would love to see the outdoor pictures. They may help me decide whether my parts go to Canada or to a local shop.

John

Hi John,

I will try and get the pics posted this evening. That should give you a better comparison.

Rich

I think I'm getting the bug.........that engine bay and engine look GREAT!!

I would have to agree that you and your son will have some great memories about the Datsun. Mine turned 22 - getting his Masters in Bio-Chemistry........enjoy all the days you can get while you can still get them!!

Your efforts speak for themselves.........stunning!!

Rich,

Wow I had no idea how much work you put into that. Looks very nice. Can you send your son over to my shop. I have a new motor sitting on a stand. But I need to clean the bay a little before I put it back in.:)

Rich,

Wow I had no idea how much work you put into that. Looks very nice. Can you send your son over to my shop. I have a new motor sitting on a stand. But I need to clean the bay a little before I put it back in.:)

Would that shop be in Lake Elsinore?

Rich,

Thanks John! It was really a blast doing all the work. I enjoyed it so much that I am actually thinking of getting another Z, '72 or earlier. I think my son enjoyed it just as much, so now he wants one. He really enjoys the cleaning and polishing. That works well with me.

We actually went up to LA last Sunday to check out buying another '70, but it had a bit too much rust for my liking. Will keep my eyes and ears open.

Best Regards,

Rich

Thanks John! It was really a blast doing all the work. I enjoyed it so much that I am actually thinking of getting another Z, '72 or earlier. I think my son enjoyed it just as much, so now he wants one. He really enjoys the cleaning and polishing. That works well with me.

We actually went up to LA last Sunday to check out buying another '70, but it had a bit too much rust for my liking. Will keep my eyes and ears open.

Best Regards,

Rich

If I hear anything I'll let ya know.