IGNORED

what is Nissan coming to??

DatsunZsRule

Disagree with most of you here - just saw a Cube, and it's a damn good looking car. It's odd, yes, but really eye-catching and nice. I'd take it over a Prius or other bland hybrid for sure.

What really sets it apart is the detail - the curves of the windows and the wraparound tailgate. There was some real thought to the design and it's way nicer than the Scion, et al.

BTW - I own a Jag E-Type and my wife won the "picture with a Z" contest, so I think I have a decent eye ;) All kidding aside - beauty is in the eye of the beholder - I for one like the Cube!

I drive a Ford. I drive it just about every day (except Thursdays when I don't drive a car at all.) So does everyone on my family, except my mom who has a Lincoln. Even my ancestors drove Fords- they even worked for Mr. Ford.

I happen to have an antique sportscar that is from Japan- the Japan that was before they ruined the American ecoonomy. I only drive that car a couple times a week. I will never buy a new Asian car, and I have sent many emails and a few letters to the domestic auto makers to start making or purchasing every last part from domestic producers.

thxZ

Edited by TomoHawk

... It's uber cheap too.....

You know, Carl is looking to replace his $100, 350K GM gassaholic with the cheepest new car he can find...I'm not sure that I can't picture him rolling up in one of these with Bumper sticker, "My other car is Really a Rally Z!"ROFL

Will

That's just for looks. on the inside it's like any other windows, with a pillar at the corner.

That's too bad. Now that I know that I don't like it because it could potentially be a good idea but isn't and instead of form following function it's form following gimmick.

Just like that cool volvo prototype that had all the small triangle windows in the A pillar. So that you could see through it while also retaining a metal structure to tie in to the hood for strength.

I remember reading all about how great it was. But it's not like they would ever do that on a production car.

.....and the anti blind spot rear is form following function.

Digital camera's and digital displays are quickly replacing the mechanical/glass rear view mirrors on cars. This would have been a very practical application for the less expensive digital technology.. and it would have eliminated the typical "blind spot"...

Car companies today need to LEAD.. not follow, if they want to stay competitive.

FWIW,

Carl B.

...Nissan would have been FAR better off bringing the BEVEL to market... with greatly enhanced performance.
Take this as my personal opinion, but I'm getting pretty tired of the constant clamor for more performance. As a group, the everyday cars of today are by far the fastest, most powerful vehicles ever. Far more powerful than any of us truly NEED. Your average family car these days is considered underpowered with 250 HP. Totally ridiculous. Today's sport sedans outperform high-end sports cars of 20 years ago. And today's sports cars...

And then we hand the keys to these things to people who are—on the whole—self-centered, under-trained, frequently distracted and who don't take driving seriously. Total insanity.

Remember, in 1970 the 150 HP 240Z (8.7 0-60, 1/4 mi. in 17.1@84.5) was considered a blast to drive. Still is, if you aren't totally jaded.

Well, that's all true but I owned cars back in those days that had more hp than that. I've had Chrysler Hem powered cars, small and big block Chevys, etc. Don't know if it make me 'jaded' but I have the desire to own a 400+ hp car again. Maybe just because I can. I've only had two tickets in my life, no accidents, and I take driving very seriously. It is 'total insanity' as you say. Nobody 'needs' 400+ hp in a street driven car. But that's what I want (again).

Edited by sblake01

I agree that horsepower is kinda overrated. As far as the fun factor goes, handling is more important. Case in point, the funnest car I've ever driven was a stock 116 hp Miata. Those cars are a blast!! (of course the 240 is a close second...).

Besides if you really wanna go fast, get a sportbike!