Spook Lip Trim - What do You Think - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Spook Lip Trim - What do You Think

Featured Replies

On my previous Z I had a urethane air-dam painted to match the car. I left the lower, protruding lip unpainted with the natural black plastic exposed.

If I "accidentally" touched a parking block, there was no paint to chip. It continued to look good for many years despite the occasional parking mis-calculation.

Therefore, I'm thinking of adding rubber "U" trim on my front spook to protect the lower lip. Attached are a few pics.

Any opinions or suggestions of a better approach?

post-15388-14150807282368_thumb.jpg

post-15388-14150807282605_thumb.jpg

I think it looks good. I doubt it will accomplish much since I think if you actually hit anything very hard it would break the fiberglass spook rather than just cracking the paint.

Actually, I have a spook rather like that, and mine seems to be far enough off of the ground that it doesn't hit parking curbs, but I suppose some curbs are taller than others.

I think it looks fantastic, and it would save the occasional curb rash or scuff from a steep sloped entrance. I say do it.

I have had that all worked out in my head for my car-keep the chips at bay...

Looks as good in day light as it did in Synapse glow(or fog as it may be)!!

Will

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Thanks for the input! It's growing on me as well...

From personal experience – chips at the the very edge of a spook are the last thing you'll need to worry about. The spook is subject to plenty of rock chips down there, and they don't all happen on the edge. I've got a couple of chips on mine, painted a year ago. The edge is still pristine. It's going to happen, be prepared to touch up or live with it.

Talk about chipping. I had a truck throw a gatorback in front of me last weekend. Cracked the spook in the middle. Its off the car now waiting for some fiberglass repair and repaint.

What are the scoop holes for- where do they lead?

I think you should've gone with the riveted garden-edging if you're worried about scrapes. :PLOL

thxZ

Going all yellow this time, Randy? Or restoring the black accents?

Now it will be all yellow Arne. A little incentive to get off my backside and get it done. I like the look of your car and Julio's car with a solid paint treatment.

Edited by rtaylor

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.