IGNORED

Spook Lip Trim - What do You Think

Oiluj

On my previous Z I had a urethane air-dam painted to match the car. I left the lower, protruding lip unpainted with the natural black plastic exposed.

If I "accidentally" touched a parking block, there was no paint to chip. It continued to look good for many years despite the occasional parking mis-calculation.

Therefore, I'm thinking of adding rubber "U" trim on my front spook to protect the lower lip. Attached are a few pics.

Any opinions or suggestions of a better approach?

post-15388-14150807282368_thumb.jpg

post-15388-14150807282605_thumb.jpg

I think it looks good. I doubt it will accomplish much since I think if you actually hit anything very hard it would break the fiberglass spook rather than just cracking the paint.

Actually, I have a spook rather like that, and mine seems to be far enough off of the ground that it doesn't hit parking curbs, but I suppose some curbs are taller than others.

From personal experience – chips at the the very edge of a spook are the last thing you'll need to worry about. The spook is subject to plenty of rock chips down there, and they don't all happen on the edge. I've got a couple of chips on mine, painted a year ago. The edge is still pristine. It's going to happen, be prepared to touch up or live with it.

Now it will be all yellow Arne. A little incentive to get off my backside and get it done. I like the look of your car and Julio's car with a solid paint treatment.

Edited by rtaylor