IGNORED

'73 240z with 6k MIles on Ebay (Again?)

I would be scared to drive it tho!!!
Which is exactly why it holds no interest for me. I'm an enthusiast, not a collector. I drive my cars. That car's value is in the fact that it hasn't been driven. It needs a different type of owner, someone who doesn't need to drive their cars, just wants to possess (and maybe show) the best or most special example they can find.

My car isn't nearly as pristine, and has 11 times as many miles on it. But if I take mine on a 300 mile cruise, its value doesn't drop...

Which is exactly why it holds no interest for me. I'm an enthusiast, not a collector. I drive my cars. That car's value is in the fact that it hasn't been driven. It needs a different type of owner, someone who doesn't need to drive their cars, just wants to possess (and maybe show) the best or most special example they can find.

My car isn't nearly as pristine, and has 11 times as many miles on it. But if I take mine on a 300 mile cruise, its value doesn't drop...

I understand that sentiment, but at the end of the day, the car is only $30k. It could just be purchased for enjoyment and you'd likely have no more depreciation than a fully loaded mid-level sedan... (actually, the curve would likely be steeper immediately after the purchase, but would much better of 5-10 years...)

Yep, it has http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32582.

Its called "flip this car". -Mike

The car sold for $21,100.00 last November on Ebay (which was an excellent value!). Today, the BIN is $29,500.00 or best offer. If the seller gets close to the BIN price, that would be an excellent profit in a very short period of time, even if you figure in what the transportation costs were when he bought the car less than 6 months ago.

post-6600-14150807010194_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150807010538_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150807010891_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150807011125_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150807011363_thumb.jpg

post-6600-141508070116_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150807011833_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150807012067_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150807012306_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150807012539_thumb.jpg

even if you figure in what the transportation costs were when he bought the car less than 6 months ago.

Costs to transport from FL to GA shouldn't be too bad. You could even drive down and pick it up.

I understand that sentiment, but at the end of the day, the car is only $30k. It could just be purchased for enjoyment and you'd likely have no more depreciation than a fully loaded mid-level sedan... (actually, the curve would likely be steeper immediately after the purchase, but would much better of 5-10 years...)
Very true. But for half of that (say $15k or so) you can – with patience – find and buy very nice, mostly original cars with 50-100k miles or less, ready to drive, and that won't really depreciate.

While I agree that the $30k asking price isn't out of line for a nice sport coupe these days, this car really ought to go to a collector who will continue to preserve it as is.

Very true. But for half of that (say $15k or so) you can – with patience – find and buy very nice, mostly original cars with 50-100k miles or less, ready to drive, and that won't really depreciate.

While I agree that the $30k asking price isn't out of line for a nice sport coupe these days, this car really ought to go to a collector who will continue to preserve it as is.

True...true...

The car sold for $21,100.00 last November on Ebay (which was an excellent value!). Today, the BIN is $29,500.00 or best offer. If the seller gets close to the BIN price, that would be an excellent profit in a very short period of time, even if you figure in what the transportation costs were when he bought the car less than 6 months ago.

But it seems you did not read the description. Keeping in mind that the seller is a Collector, not a hobbyist, nor shade-tree mechanic... and therefore everything listed as done, was done at $75.00 per hour in a professional shop... and done without regard to the time it would take... you could quickly see that thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars were spent on the car to put it in "road ready" condition.

The person that sold the car - in Florida - never had it running. Nor did the lady he bought it from...

If this Collector gets $29K out of the car - he might get his money back.

FWIW,

Carl B.