IGNORED

Canby '09, June 13 & 14, who's coming?

Arne

Regret to say we will not make it this year...:mad: Too many electrical bugs to work out and the lack of playdough mean we have to sit this one out. Always next year!! I will go for a short cruise however just to hold back the tears.:cry:

there is a small group meeting at the Arco Station at Cornell and hiwy 26, leaving at 9:00. I plan on being at the station at 8:30 or so. We need to leave at 9:00 to make the 9:30 meet at the rest stop. So be prompt. Looks like it's going to be a great day.

From what I heard the Auto cross was a ball today. I had honey dos or I would have been there. :stupid: Several are camping at the event in Camby tonight and Saturday night. If I could I would be there and do that. Too much fun.

Gary

Thanks for the heads up Gary! I'll be there around 8:45.

I'm going to the show Saturday and Sunday....I've got some books and parts to sell, and parts to find, and going the extra day will allow me to get a better look at some cars and talk to people.

Yah be careful Dave! I hate that area up there, especially on the weekends. Too many speed traps and idiot cops. Cruise control comes in handy as long as you set the speed around the speed limit.

See you at the show!

Greg

How did the auto-x go today, Bruce?

Well, It was yesterday now. Sorry I didn't report back last night as I was busy jinxing the weather by washing the car for today.....

Autocross was fun. About the turnout I would have expected for a Friday. Tight course laid out for the morning sessions and a faster open course for the afternnon.

There were participants driving everything from 1200s to 350s. A really mixed bag....

Raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock in West Salem at 6:30 Ayem Sat. Must be Datsun Driving Canby Fun '09......

Saturday report. Good turnout of all manner of Datsuns (which is, of course what Canby is all about) with the weather cooperating to the max. It was raining like crazy in Salem when I left home and rained all the way up I-5 until all of a sudden between Woodburn and the Donald exit I notice my intermittent wipers were cleaning a dry windshield and the road was dry. Got to the fairground to no rain and it was cloudy, no rain, with a light breeze all day.

I assume as a function of the economy the vendor spots were all sold out and people were having a hayday.

Tomorrow should be a hoot.... Ton of door prizes so when you guys show up get your door prize tickets early.....