IGNORED

Uh Oh: National Cash for Clunkers Bill Coming

Mike

Well that's too bad. The car companies don't dole out equal incentives on each car

The car companies aren't doling out MY money like the government is so I don't see your point. If this is about getting people buying then let them buy what they want.

One of the aims of this bill is to lower carbon emissions by requiring people to purchase more fuel efficient cars. What good would this program do if it allowed you to buy any vehicle you wanted, regardless of it's mileage? It wouldn't do $^!#, that's what.

I thought you were all about getting all those cars in sitting on the lots sold.

it's about moving some f***ing product and getting people buying again

Now it's only those politically correct "green" vehicles. Is this a program to help out the automakers or force US citizens to subsidize a political agenda?

If we are allowed to buy what we want then that's incentive to design and produce the cars we want. Screwing with demand diverts resources to activities that produce less value and are less healthy for our economy.

Steve

The car companies aren't doling out MY money like the government is so I don't see your point.

Steve

The car companies are getting the money to dole out from the government that steals it from taxpayers like me. How do you keep from paying taxes? Ronnie

This all a payback to the UAW, plain and simple. The UAW gave over $97 million to get certain people elected, now they want there payback. The UAW does not care what sells as long as something sells so they can keep union workers employed. Only employed works pay union dues etc... Look at the deal with Chrysler who benefited the most from that? The UAW. None of this about Green as in the enviroment, it is about Green as in the color of money.

The car companies are getting the money to dole out from the government that steals it from taxpayers like me. How do you keep from paying taxes? Ronnie
I don't get that from his response. He says the govt is doling out his money (just like everyone elses') which would indicate that he does pay taxes.

The first thing I thought after reading about the incentive is that people will be going to the junk yards to buy junk cars that will run just enough to take it to get the incentive. You spend $200 to get the $4000, but I'll bet there's a catch...

I don't get that from his response. He says the govt is doling out his money (just like everyone elses') which would indicate that he does pay taxes.

I am sure he is paying taxes.What I was referencing was the part where he said the car companies aren't doling out his money.The car companies are getting the money from the govt which is taxpayer money.I was being facetious. Ronnie

The first thing I thought after reading about the incentive is that people will be going to the junk yards to buy junk cars that will run just enough to take it to get the incentive. You spend $200 to get the $4000, but I'll bet there's a catch...

The catch is that they have to run. And I doubt they'll let you trade in a car that you licensed the week before (figuring you ran down to the local junk yard and found a good candidate, or took the one in your side yard off it's blocks).

Edited by JonnyRock

I am sure he is paying taxes.What I was referencing was the part where he said the car companies aren't doling out his money.The car companies are getting the money from the govt which is taxpayer money.I was being facetious. Ronnie
Gotcha. Sometimes it's hard to get the demeanor/intent/etc. when there are so many different ways that people can respond.

The catch is that they have to run. And I doubt they'll let you trade in a car that you licensed the week before (figuring you ran down to the local junk yard and found a good candidate, or took the one in your side yard off it's blocks).
Besides, junkyards don't sell running cars for $200.........

Let's get one thing straight here - for this bailout (and pretty much any spending by the federal government, for that matter) the government hasn't exactly spent a SINGLE dollar that any one of us paid in federal income taxes...

They (we) are basically getting a "loan" from a PRIVATE bank (the Federal Reserve, which is about as federal as Federal Express). The Federal Reserve has no assets to back up the trillions of extra dollars they've created out of thin air for the government to spend; they simply have a license to counterfeit and charge us interest on this loan of funny money. Their creation of all this extra currency has in NO WAY changed the accumulated value of goods and services present in our economy. They have simply watered down our currency even further by having more dollars floating around which are representative of the same amount of value. Thus, every dollar we earn is really worth a smaller piece of our economy. If you have a huge stack of cash sitting in a bank account, I feel for you, because day by day it's just becoming worth less and less. Maybe the dollar figure is creeping upward slowly from accumulating interest, but the buying power is continuing to decrease at a faster rate, just like all the other money in our economy. Don't let them fool you, every time the Federal Reserve creates money to loan out, it is a hidden tax on all of us paid to the recipients of these bailout funds. The amount of dollars we all have doesn't change, but their value decreases. The corporations that receive the bailout money also have a devaluation per dollar, but they are receiving all the new funny money in greater amounts, so they stand to gain in the end... and let's not forget that we have to continue to pay the interest on all this fake money that has been "loaned" to the government to prop up these failing corporations!

What our tax dollars are really going towards every year is paying off this interest on the massive amount of debt our government has already accumulated in our name. Our descendants will be paying off this crap for generations.

Out of control government spending is basically turning every single working person in this country into a debt slave, regardless of how responsible we may be with our money on an individual level.

I'm not on here espousing "doom and gloom," I am just telling you how it is. Most people don't even know that the Federal Reserve is a private bank, and I get into arguments about it regularly.

We already have such a massive amount of debt as a nation, we don't even talk about "is the debt increasing?" We talk about "is the rate at which our debt is increasing increasing?" I've seen plenty of diagrams comparing "the increase in the rate at which debt is increasing" between Bush 41, Clinton, and Bush 43, usually proudly showing one or the other was "reducing our debt," and blaming the other political party for runaway spending. Don't let this left-right crap fool you, these people are all in the same boat and supporting the same special interests, and they both have out of control spending policies and refuse to take part in bringing the size of the federal government to a financially responsible and sustainable level.