IGNORED

Uh Oh: National Cash for Clunkers Bill Coming

Mike

05-05-2009 11:30 AM

As we predicted over a year ago, the Cash for Clunkers program offered by states such as California and Texas is going national. Congress and President Obama have come to an agreement on a national Cash for Clunkers bill. For one year, the government will offer vouchers worth up to $4,500 for owners to replace [...]

{feed:content:encoded.}

More...

One possable good from this, maybe it will keep the unscrupulous out there from "restoring" a car that should have been stripped and left in the junkyard, for less effort the can strip and sell the good parts and replace them with junk they "carefully" photograph for ebay, and get $4500+ with little wasted effort and no chance of ripping someone off.

Will

Better yet...parts aplenty if they are mildly stripped before being crushed...and only cars of value remain...does the lowly value of the Z finally gets a bump?

Still hate to see cars crushed when salvage is possible, even if just for parts...

Edited by bigoak

From what I have read elsewhere in these programs it is usually illegal to salvage anything off of the car before it is taken to the crusher. The intent is to make the politically incorrect vehicles both less PLENTIFUL and less MAINTAINABLE.

It has nothing at all to do with the environment or the auto industry. It is ALL about CONTROL!

From what I have read elsewhere in these programs it is usually illegal to salvage anything off of the car before it is taken to the crusher. The intent is to make the politically incorrect vehicles both less PLENTIFUL and less MAINTAINABLE.

It has nothing at all to do with the environment or the auto industry. It is ALL about CONTROL!

So right on...this post hits the nail on the head.

What's next?

Once the clunkers are off the road you'll have no choice but to buy new from the Government/Union owned car companies, or else? Chains we can believe in.

Steve

Great, just what we need - the private federal reserve counterfeiting more or our currency to lend to the government for yet another overreaching program.

Hello, hyperinflation! Make our savings worth less so Joe Blow can buy another car from a corporation that is going bankrupt anyway! I guess the trillion+ dollars already fraudulently created in the last 6 months wasn't enough.

Well I gusee good Detroit steel is going to the smelter for no reason.

I feel really sad for the Hot Rod and Rat Rod guys as alot they're stuff

is extreamly rare and really valuble, more so than the 4500 those guys

claim to get.

From my understanding of the bill the Feds are not going to give any Joe Blow that brings in any old POS $4,500 cash. They will be issued a credit for the purchase of a new car or truck that meets outlined MPG standards. It's kind of a stimulus for the automotive industry. I personally don't see the big deal but like anything the Feds do I'm sure there will be those out there that find ways to do legal fraud with our tax dollars.

From my understanding of the bill the Feds are not going to give any Joe Blow that brings in any old POS $4,500 cash. They will be issued a credit for the purchase of a new car or truck that meets outlined MPG standards. It's kind of a stimulus for the automotive industry. I personally don't see the big deal but like anything the Feds do I'm sure there will be those out there that find ways to do legal fraud with our tax dollars.

I'm not happy in the least bit about this bill either, but I tend to agree with you.

Everyone that's spouting all this doom and gloom is out to lunch. There are requirements on what cars the program will accept. Like they have to in running condition. This means all of the hidden treasure sitting in junk yards isn't about to disappear. Rat Rod guys will be fine. It's mostly malaise era fans (is there even such a thing?) that will be affected.

Again, I don't support this bill in the slightest but all of this conspiracy talk really got me laughing. LOL

... but all of this conspiracy talk really got me laughing. LOL

I said nothing about a "conspiracy", and it doesn't matter WHAT cars they are trying to outlaw TODAY. I am always deeply offended when MY TAX MONEY is used to artificially alter the market in an attempt to deny others of the opportunity to obtain the type of vehicle that they need for one reason or another.