IGNORED

Where do we all live? New shared Google map

Arne

I wanted to try something, could be fun. I've shared a Google map where we can all post our approximate locations. Don't worry about posting your exact address, be close, but don't feel you need to post your real address if you don't want to. The URL is:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=116791503026316859130.000465ae5d1eeaea6a54b

To add a pin for yourself, click the Edit button as circled in the first picture, then the Pin button as shown in the second picture. The save and click Done.

The results should be interesting.

post-8596-1415080653849_thumb.png

post-8596-14150806539599_thumb.png

No 'edit' button here, either..... tried with Firefox and IE with same results.

Must one register with Google Maps or something to make it work? I hesitate to volunteer info to Google; they take a lot without your consent anyway, and only God and they know what they do with it.

Yes, you have to have a Gmail account in order to edit the map.

From Arne's link, log into google maps (same info used when logging into your gmail account). Once logged in, use the collaborate/edit option.

I didn't find a way to type in my address, so I ended up panning around the map and zooming in on where I live.

Wow, 1 day, 17 hours (41 hours) to drive from my place to Arne's... Tempting... How many Z's would be on the way?

Edited by zbane

Doesn't work for me either. No edit button and I do have a Google account. John, there are far more sinister entities on the internet than Google. I've had that account for as long as I remember without any problems. Phishing filters, spyware, etc. minimize the chances of problems in areas like that.