IGNORED

Rear Hatch Louvers

mtndude

23 minutes ago, Rob1972 said:

Yes they fit a 240...

IMG_0058.JPG

Long term plan is to go with Candy Red with black and chrome accents.  Would I be pimped out if I chromed the louvres?  Opinions?

i think pimped out is an understatement

• Like 1

Yeah, it was just a mental blip that zoomed through my little head. I'm not a pimp. Really.

But I love those louvres, Sean.  Nice work, I will follow your refresh on them, as mine jump around too. I have a receipt for them from 1979...$99.00

• Like 1

One thing I forgot to mention, is that the driver's side holes where the hinge mounting screws went into the hatch, had enlarged over time, likely due to movement or vibration. So I tapped all the holes in the hatch and installed slightly larger diameter screws. I also applied silicone before fully tightening the screws to hopefully eliminate water ingress down the threads. The hinges are now tightly secured to the hatch.

Sent from my iPad using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2017 at 6:54 AM, sweatybetty said:

on the louver topic, my crack dealer has a set of louvers for the rear side windows. they are plastic, and held on with small studs and double-sided tape. anyone seen these before?

here is a pic

0528171049.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Bringing this back from the grave but anyone know the part number or who to contact

for new latches? i recently bought a 260z which came with the louvers but my bottom 

locking "latches" dont work, it seems that the locking mechanism is long gone and 

i also dont have the key to lock it with. It keeps hitting really hard agaisnt my glass 

whenever i close the rear hatch so for now i removed them but id really like to put

it back on. Anyone know who to contact or any sort of help with this would be 

greatly appreciated. 

Thanks