IGNORED

Rear Hatch Louvers

mtndude

Hey guys. I was wondering if people who have rear louvers can post some info about them, I know there are many different types and I'm interested in getting a set. I just don't know what to look for. Are there kinds that don't need to be bolted on or is that pretty much the only way to do it? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I have a set where some metal brackets slides under the glass weatherstripping, the louver is made out of aluminum, they show up once in a while, just keep an eye open.

Chris

The Interpart Brand are attatched by sliding and glueing tabs between the hatch glass and the weatherstrip. They are locked by a cross shaped key that articulates a slide locking or unlockeing the louver.

Most use a deadbolt type lock, and use sheet metal screws to mount to the hatch.

Will

I have also been thinking about buying a rear window louver. I know MSA sells them (be sure to tell them you are a member of this site and recieve a 10% discount of all your orders - you do need to know your CZCC account number). Does anybody have any pictures they can post. I have searched and did not come up with much info at all. I know there are two different types metal and plastic and my choice would be the metal. The price at MSA is $264.95 and a discount for club members at $238.46 - being a CZCC member does have its rewards, (are you a supporting member - another reason to be one, right?) freight to my area is $28.00 and it is a two piece put together unit. The MSA is attached with metal tabs not screwed into your hatch, and they told me it takes 10 minutes to remove it for cleaning if needed.

That is all I know but would like to see some detailed pictures if anybody has made the purchase recently from MSA.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Now we have two interested in louvers and i had mine up for sale in a longer period of time while the car still was in the US, hmmm.

I bet shipping would be to high to ship it back.

Chris

I have had louvers on my car for about 32 years, back in 1977 the only ones I could get were the ones that bolted to the car. They are make of aluminum and were flat black. I painted them about 25 years ago to match the color of the car.

If you want to see pictures look at me web site listed below. Look in Outside View and Closeup Details to see a lot of different images.

If you plan on leaving them on for ever like I did then the bolt on will work.

I am going to be removing the set that I have on my 240 and selling them this week. This is the metal (aluminum) set that has two bolted hinges on the the top that allow the whole assembly to tilt up for cleaning the glass. The unit is secured by two allen screws at the bottom against rails that run under the weatherstripping of the rear glass. I will try to take some additional pics tomorrow of the setup.

post-18590-14150806473716_thumb.jpg

• Like 1