IGNORED

Price per Pound Contest

gnosez

So I finally had the opportunity and nerve to install something for my S30 I purchased that has gone up in value by over 300% since I got it in 2004.

The parts (4 pieces total) weigh in at under 2 lbs and were purchased for $300. They should make my 240 go a little bit faster.

So two questions.

1) Name the part

2) Name the most expensive part (price divided by weight) in your opinion that you can buy for an S30

And had I known I would have invested my 401K funds in selective Z parts....

This could be fun.

So I finally had the opportunity and nerve to install something for my S30 I purchased that has gone up in value by over 300% since I got it in 2004.

The parts (4 pieces total) weigh in at under 2 lbs and were purchased for $300. They should make my 240 go a little bit faster.

You've certainly got me scratching my head. I can't think of anything that could be so light at 4-off, and also make the car faster. Parts in multiples of four make me think of corners of the car ( wheels, brakes, suspension components? ) rather than anything engine related. What on earth can be so light and have a noticeable effect on speed? I'm stumped.

I can think of a few silly-price candidates in the Price-per-Pound question though - even if I might have to go metric on weight. NOS Stopwatch Clock oscillator units, PZ tachometers and factory Sports Option 'Mach' steering wheels are all fairly light, but change hands for alarming amounts of money.

This could go anywhere.....

I tried to modify my hint by saying that it would make my S30 a (very) little bit faster.

Whether I or anyone else could feel that the Z was faster is problematic.

Hadn't thought about a rallye clock, but then I should have figured you of all people would have both the experience and memory to access all sorts of rare and lightweight bits and pieces.

Glad I could brighten up your day in some small way.....

2) Name the most expensive part (price divided by weight) in your opinion that you can buy for an S30

2 each NOS access panel clips for the very early cars {plastic} - I don't have anything that will give an accurate weight, but I doubt they weigh more than an ounce... $256.00 plus shipping as I recall..

FWIW,

Carl B.

100% of $300 would be $300 which adds up to $600, so 300% equals $1,200. plus or minus the current market value....

I really like the early plastic pieces. The price per pound would be more than bottled water. No increase in performance however.