IGNORED

The Solution for NLA Parts!

Marty Rogan

I'm sold. Hell, that's pocket change, I'll take 2. In about 10 years.......

Does Will know about this one??

I don't know. He was the first one that popped into my head when I saw it. I was going to add it to the throttle control knob thread, but I could not find it. I figured it could get more general exposure this way too.

Hell, if we can get donations to buy a new server, maybe we should all chip in and buy one of these. And the best part is it is made in the USA, so we would be supporting our economy too.

That 3-D "printer" is incredible. It even replicates moving parts.

Marty

The whole set-up is fantastic! Copies of hard to find or NLA parts made while you wait.

Seems we need to find a company that has this set-up and would let us send them parts to be duplicated. Production could then be done as needed.

If you have an original good enough to use to copy (and turn into plastic) to make a mold from - why not make the cast from the original. It seems a bit like making a copy from a cassette tape (or Xeroxing a Xerox) - you are copying the errors and loss of detail from each subsequent copy (aren't you?).

Devil's advocate.

If you have an original good enough to use to copy (and turn into plastic) to make a mold from - why not make the cast from the original. It seems a bit like making a copy from a cassette tape (or Xeroxing a Xerox) - you are copying the errors and loss of detail from each subsequent copy (aren't you?).Devil's advocate.
I'm sure that since it's computer based you can correct flaws in the original. Let's say the original is broken, like in the case of Jay Leno's part, I'm sure the machine scans it and compiles the info, breaks, flaws and all. Those can be corrected by the software before the model is produced. And then you wouldn't be making a cast from a flawed part. Edited by sblake01

I'm sold. Hell, that's pocket change, I'll take 2. In about 10 years.......

Does Will know about this one??

Yup,

I have looked at the Next Engine scanner for several years.

Another member has one and was going to scan a few parts for me, and that never has happened, so after a few attempts at communication, I decided that I just needed to go it on my own-so I bought one.

It does require additional software to make it usable and cost effective, I have been researching the proper software to make the scans usable, and to drive my CNC mill/drill/lathe in its native tongue. I don't have a solidwerks budget-in terms of time or money, so I have to find a less expensive answer-and I believe I have. It will be delivered after I get back from Amelia,

I don't have the 3d printer, but both SCAD and Gulfstream do, and the gentleman who owns the restoration shop handling Larrys car is connected with both!

Simple reproductions are better handled with comparatively simple molding techniques. I expect to use the scanner to produce wax positives for lost wax castings.

Will

I am tired of telling you guys what is coming, and never seeming to finish. My intent was to show you with a video, and some finished parts...after Larrys car is done.

Will

Edited by hls30.com

wow!!! i know what im buying with my tax return!!!:eek:

That better be one hell of a big tax return! The scanner is 3K and the printer is 30K!!!! You'd have to make a lot of parts to get your loot back.

Edited by Weasel73240Z