IGNORED

HLS30-00032 back from paint

Mike B

When I bought #32 last year, the paint was pretty good, but it had a couple of dings that needed to be fixed. It had been painted silver in the 70's by the original owner, and then repainted the original 903 blue in the mid 80's. About 10 years ago, the owner's toddler decided to take batting practice on the front of the drivers fender, just behind the sugar scoop, with a big plastic bat. There was a small dent above the gas lid when something fell against the car in the owner's garage. Also, the seam between the quarter panel and roof on the passenger's side had flexed and cracked the paint. Originally I was going to see if I could just get these three areas repaired and touched up for now and then do a full repaint in a year or two. However, there were also quite a few small rock chips in the hood and sides and the windshield was not the correct one. I decided to just pull all the glass and do a full exterior repaint while I was at it. I have a NOS early untinted windshield that will go in it. The guy that did the paint and body work took some pictures, but hadn't burned them to a disc yet. I'll post some of those when I get them and take some more pics after I get it all back together.

-Mike

post-9102-14150806156362_thumb.jpg

Mike,

She is going to be a beauty!! Be sure to forward some pictures once you get her back together, great color. Another nicely preserved early Z car.

Can anybody let me know why Nissan stamped the lower rear valance with the offset stamping opposed to the center of the rear car?? Mine and all the others are that way and I've yet to make since of it??

See picture above^^^^^.

Can anybody let me know why Nissan stamped the lower rear valance with the offset stamping opposed to the center of the rear car?? Mine and all the others are that way and I've yet to make sense of it??
I never did get that either. Centered or not, what is the stamping for? 280Zs don't have it but they do have an oval opening in the valence just to the right and above the exhaust that I've never figured out the purpose of.

Mike' date='

Can anybody let me know why Nissan stamped the lower rear valance with the offset stamping opposed to the center of the rear car?? Mine and all the others are that way and I've yet to make since of it??

See picture above^^^^^.[/quote']

I have no idea of what you are refering to - can you post a picture? What "offset stamping"?

thanks,

Carl B.