IGNORED

repro window sticker

don356

Datsun did install air conditioning systems at the dealer level that were specified by Nissan. A "Frigiking" system is referenced in the technical service bulletin TS70-50 of October 21, 1970 and TS71-54 of November 12, 1971. They were dealer installed, specified and supplied by Datsun. Indeed the ZCCA judging rules specify "ARA or Frigid King, with basic York compressor".

I'll add a little more to what Chris said:

ARA and Frigiking were actually Original Equipment Manufacturers or OEM suppliers to Nissan Motors in U.S.A. The A/C Kits were sold though the normal Nissan U.S.A. Parts Department, to the Datsun Dealers. They came from the Nissan Parts System and were sent to the Dealers in DATSUN boxes etc.

Later, as Nissan Motors U.S.A. grew - they installed the A/C systems at the Port - prior to sending the cars to the Dealers. This was done with many accessory and special project items.

Why the ZCCA judging rules allow the A/C units and not all Factory Authorized Accessories is beyond me - Must have been a political decision to favor some members.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Yours has the Rotary Style Compressor - - Mine does too - the York compressors took a lot more HP and put out a lot more vibration when running. Besides making it impossible to change the fuel pump!! Over the years most of the original Yorks have been replaced - as the original Air Pumps were taken off.

That modification also eliminated the additional crank shaft pulley that the York compressors needed, and which caused many of the crank shaft pulley bolts to come lose... So other than going for a 100% Stock competition class win - - the rotary compressors offer a lot of improvement.

FWIW,

Carl B.

I used my dads orignal early 1974 260 window sticker, scaned and used MS Paint to edited the information to match the color/vin/engine numbers, it looks great without using photoshop, just copied and pasted the typed numbers from the window sticker. I added the "5-speed synchromesh" option because of the 5-speed swap we did.

74260windowsticker.jpg

I am trying to recreate the window stickers, the first one I am working on is listed in post #60 for a 73.

Does any one happen to know the exact dimension of the sticker? I have it at 11x14 according to the scan, it seems big to me.

thanks,

Another document that was given to the owner upon delivery of a new vehicle was a copy of the "Retail Delivery Report" & "Pre-Delivery Inspection List". I don't remember anyone displaying these with their "Bill of Sale". I have one of the multi-copy forms that was never filled out and is still blank. These were used from January of '73 replacing the previous yellow retail delivery card. The first and last pages are printed on both sides. I will make them available if someone with the capability can make good copies.

Thanks for posting that Geezer. Very interesting.

-Mike

If your interested, I can scan all 4 pages and the backsides of the first and last page. These are not carbon copy forms; each page is different for their specific purpose. The only one that someone might want to do some photoshop work on and reproduce would be the "Customer Copy", that was given to the customer upon delivery. The copy I have is a little messed up because it was one that was stapled to the letters I posted as an example and also was 3 hole punched to be put on file in a binder. That's where I found it.

I am trying to recreate the window stickers, the first one I am working on is listed in post #60 for a 73.

Does any one happen to know the exact dimension of the sticker? I have it at 11x14 according to the scan, it seems big to me.

thanks,

The printed portion is 8.5 x 11, but then on the left and right side there is an extra half inch strip of adhesive that makes the entire paper 8.5 x 12. The adhesive looks sorta brownish yellow in my scan. It must of been how they stuck it to the window.

If your interested, I can scan all 4 pages and the backsides of the first and last page. These are not carbon copy forms; each page is different for their specific purpose. The only one that someone might want to do some photoshop work on and reproduce would be the "Customer Copy", that was given to the customer upon delivery. The copy I have is a little messed up because it was one that was stapled to the letters I posted as an example and also was 3 hole punched to be put on file in a binder. That's where I found it.

Please do give us a scan of the customer copy. Thanks