IGNORED

repro window sticker

don356

GIMP is free, and powerful. But it's not always easy to install (I've heard), and the learning curve is said to be similar to full-bore Photoshop, as the program itself has similar capabilities.

For your average home user, PS Elements is a very good affordable option.

If someone can get good scans of the window stickers for the different years I can size them and do the work, I am very proficient with Photoshop.

post-13827-14150806147808_thumb.jpg

Edited by mgood
added picture of font

Chris W.

You have a better scan of the '72 window sticker? It shows slightly blurry on my PC.

No, I don't. Sorry. Some time ago, Carl Beck used to have an e-mail "list" discussion group and one of the topics was about this. I guess that's where I got the image. It was very small originally and when it is enlarged the crispiness is lost. It's supposed to be from 1972.

Does anyone happen to have some Ontario Canada Datsun dealership info from way back?? I know my Honda dealership "SISLEY HONDA" used to be a Datsun dealership' date=' but dont know what it was called back then.[/quote']

Zak, the only three dealers in Toronto in the 9/71 dealer list I have are:

Arnold Datsun Sales & Service Ltd.

2233 Queen St. East

(416) 691-6165

Checkpoint Ltd.

5507 Dundas St. West

(416) 239-1217

St. Clair Motor Service

3262 Dundas St. West

(416) 762-7537

I didn't see anything with the name Sisley in it, but I did a google search and found a posting for an original Z owner on Zhome.com with the dealer listed as M&M Sisley Co. Ltd.- dba "Sisley For Datsun". I can scan all the Canadian and Mexican dealers in on Monday.

http://www2.zhome.com:81/IZCC/ZRegisters/original.htm

Original 240Z Owner, #46, 05/09/98

HLS30 18719, 01/1971, L24 025891 , Silver -Black

Wilfrid E.D. Peters, Wilfridp@aol.com Toronto,Ontario,

DEALER...M&M Sisley Co. Ltd.- dba "Sisley For Datsun" ...03/10/71

Toronto, Ontario/Canada

-Mike

Mike... thats great cuz the dealership is now "Sisley for Honda". That must be the one. Thanks for the dealership info' date=' I should really do some research now on these...[/quote']

All the Windowstickers so far are from the USA - ie Nissan Motors in USA. I think you will need a copy of a windowsticker from Nissan Canada.. from 73.

FWIW,

Carl B.