IGNORED

Z Project, 240Z 1973

Erick240

Hi, I'm Z fan from El Salvador C.A.

And I came from the extinted IZCC forum # 14184

Since I was a Kid the 240z was my dream car,

I get my 240Z like 11 years ago, great shape, but the engine died :mad:( very damaged ) after 4 years , here in El salvador was a Little hard to find a L24 -L28 engine , the existing Z's here was imported from USA. so the car was left in the mechanic's yard for a couple of years, he put a 2T toyota engine only for move the car.

but the engine stay a cuple of years in the car, so was my daily driver until I get a Sentra SE-R , but due to stay in a yard for almost 4 years, the car have some rusted areas, plus some dents and repairs due to minor crashes.

Now a friend of mine get me a L20 Engine, E30 Head, seems to be in good condition.

And we are trying to restore the car, in a crash mised the low fron end, this wil be restored in glas fiber, lost the original front bumper, paint is very bad,

The car is running now, but needs the body work like the fiber job, pait, rust repair, etc, etc, and more etc ROFL

The engine came with a little carb usseless, I instaled a Weber 32/36, a friend getme a Holey Carb 2 barrel 40mm, I think this wil work fine.

In a future I will get the 2 weber and the original intake ( for the round top carbs ).

In the images appear the engine with the little carb, the interior and a frot view of the car.

This page contains a lot of information and hope some help from you.

Thanks

Love my Z ROFL

post-15638-14150804697211_thumb.jpg

post-15638-14150804697651_thumb.jpg

post-15638-1415080469785_thumb.jpg

Hi Eric:

Good to see you here. You might consider just comming to Florida or Texas and buying a clean (as clean and complete as possible) 240-Z's to start with. It might be far less expensive...

At any rate - good luck with your project.

kind regards,

Carl B.

IZCC #260

• 4 months later...

Thanks Gary and Carl for your wellcome.

The engine in the 240Z ( an L20A ) is in bad condition, expelles a lot of white smoke, the sparks looks wet in oil, I'm shure the engine needs a rebuild, some days ago a friend of mine tellme he can guiveme an L28 Block for free and the head for this block is in the mechanics garage only I have to pay the job in the head. , he says the block is in good shape,

my question is this can I put the E30 head in this L28 Block ? , the block came from a 280Z, 1982 , Its a F54 Block I think.

Is this a good combination E30 head with a L28 Block ?,

or better try to re-ensamble the L28 ? in this case The engine will be converted to a carburated engine.

Thanks

I'll waiting any info

Regards

I believe it's not a F54, but that doesen't matter in your case, you can put the head on that block, but it will get a high compression, so it depends on the gas octane you have there.

If the L20A is burning water and oil, it is most likely, that you have a blown head gasket.

What head job is needed for the L28 and what kind of head is it ?.

Chris

Erick.

Tienes más fotos del carro? Porque no tratas de buscar paneles como los fenders el front balance y otras en junkyards de USA. He conseguido buenos precios ya que yo tuve que reconstruir todo el auto que consegui en Panamá. Yo tengo en mi proyecto piezas de California, Arizona, Boston, New York etc. Los trabajos de chapisteria en nuestros paises salen baratos relativamente, pero es más facil comprar piezas de segunda en buen estado y repararlas.

Espero que tengas suerte con tu proyecto.

Saludos

I believe it's not a F54, but that doesen't matter in your case, you can put the head on that block, but it will get a high compression, so it depends on the gas octane you have there.

If the L20A is burning water and oil, it is most likely, that you have a blown head gasket.

What head job is needed for the L28 and what kind of head is it ?.

Chris

Thanks Cris

Then I can Put my E30 Head in the L28 block, this will rise the compression Ratio ?, I want to be shure on this, cause will be more expensive to fix the L20 block than put the L28 Block with my E3O Head

our regular gas have 89-90 as I can remenber and special have 95 oct.

The L20 maybe have a blown gasket , but what about with the wet oiled sparks ? I thinks is a worm piston ring, I'll chaek it out when open the engine in a few days.

The Head of the L28 maybe is a P79 , I didnot see yet, come from a 280ZX 1982 N.A.

This head is resurfaced and I think they change the seat valves the work is done, but my friend don't want the engine anymore, so I have to pay for the work and tha head willbe mine ROFL

Erick.

Tienes más fotos del carro? Porque no tratas de buscar paneles como los fenders el front balance y otras en junkyards de USA. He conseguido buenos precios ya que yo tuve que reconstruir todo el auto que consegui en Panamá. Yo tengo en mi proyecto piezas de California, Arizona, Boston, New York etc. Los trabajos de chapisteria en nuestros paises salen baratos relativamente, pero es más facil comprar piezas de segunda en buen estado y repararlas.

Espero que tengas suerte con tu proyecto.

Saludos

Thanks Panamred for your comments

En USA se encuentran a muy buen precio, de hecho he comprado accesorios pero pequeños como tacometros, coilovers, Xenon kits etc para otros amigos en e-bay, pero la importacion de piezas dado el volumen es un tanto caro , aqui hay un par de amigos q tienen varias piezas en mas o menos buen estado, vere si me ayudan con esto, necesito los fender , front low balace, no tengo el bumper, o reconstruir en fibra de vidrio es mi otra opcion, el chasis en la parte del motor rquiere mucho trabajo ( esto me desanima bastante, se ve un tanto dañado por el oxido , pero pienso q vale la pena el esfuerzo ) , el piso y los frame rails bajo los asientos han sido reconstridos, la parte trasera no esta tan dañada por el oxido, no asi la puerta trasera, hay q hacer un buen trabajo ahi.

y necesito casi todos los empaques de las puertas, y de la puerta trasera tambien.

Dejo otro par de fotos,

DSC00108.jpg

Working in the rear :

DSC00142.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

Re-wiring the tail:

DSC03595.jpg

• 1 month later...
hello all i just got my first 72 240z and have to say i have always bean an american muscle car and down with the rice burner but i got this car to trade for a mustang and i dont want to trade ne more to say the least:)

Hi John, well done keepit as you can, It's a 240Z!!!!!!!!!!

The mustang is a beautifull car, but the 240z is a classic and beautifull too.

if you can, better get the mustang but don't trade the 240.