IGNORED

Emblem Location on Rear BRE Spoiler? _ Poll

Oiluj

Ok, need your opinion on emblem location on a BRE style rear spoiler.

1) Should I install emblems on the spoiler?

2) Install just the "240Z" emblem, "Datsun" Emblem, or both?

. 3) Where to locate emblem(s)?

Figured it's all been tried before, so why re-invent the wheel... Post pics if you have them.

Thanks!

This is what would be considered "correct" to give you an idea. Of course, you wouldn't use the Z432 or Fairlady emblem. However the BRE spoiler you are refering to is actually a reproduction of the Nissan spoiler as shown. I suggest you use the Datsun emblem and the 240Z emblem from the rear deck as the spoiler covers them up.

post-4148-14150804507697_thumb.jpg

Ok, need your opinion on emblem location on a BRE style rear spoiler.

1) Should I install emblems on the spoiler?

2) Install just the "240Z" emblem, "Datsun" Emblem, or both?

. 3) Where to locate emblem(s)?

Figured it's all been tried before, so why re-invent the wheel... Post pics if you have them.

Thanks!

I have a BRE style rear spoiler that does not have the raised flat spot, so I have decided to forego any emblems on the hatch lid or spoiler. No such thing as correct in this case because the spoiler is aftermarket anyhow.

Hi

Take a look at my rear deck car. I really enjoy it. The way it shows was the way that all standard 240z were delivery in Portugal. Besides that the rear spoiler (Original Nissan Part) has the holes for the corect possition od the "Datsun" and "240z" emblems.

FilipeA

post-14342-14150804507883_thumb.jpg

post-14342-14150804508617_thumb.jpg

Hi Julio:

There are actually three different rear spoilers being discussed here. So the first question is, "which one do you have?"

1. An original Nissan OEM rear spoiler

2. The aftermarket reproduction of the OEM rear spoiler {produced most recently by Classic Datsun Autosports - Les Cannaday}.

3. The BRE style rear spoiler - also reproduced most recently by CDM/Les

The first two will have the raised flat area - intended to hold the emblems, the third type will not have the raised flat area. If you have the #3 type, I'd leave the emblems off, as it is hard to mount a flat emblem on a curved surface.

In any case, if you remove the emblems from your deck lid, make sure you fill the holes before mounting the rear spoiler. 100% silicone calking or RTV will seal the holes without damage to the body.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Thanks for the input and pics everyone!

Since I planned to install a spoiler, I had the emblem holes in the rear deck welded over when it was in paint prep to eliminate potential leakage issues.

My spoiler is the BRE style with the curved face rear face, (no flats). I'm not worried about attachment, as I've got some 3M foam emblem tape. If I recall, it's about 0.015" thick.

I've stacked layers to mount emblems on curved surfaces and it's worked well for years without any problem. I learned the trick is to clean all surfaces "exceptionally" well, then install on a warm, dry surface and wait 24 hours to allow the adhesive to "set".

I still not certain what I'm going to do. Guess I'll wait until I have the car back on it's wheels. Then we and can look at it out in the sun with emblems installed with masking tape in various locations.