IGNORED

Message to the GUYS of CZCC

Mike

Khrystina, I'm glad you're still here. You are after all the only friend I have on my list. I even tried to be my own friend but this is what I got... You can't be friends with yourself.

Add a Member to Your List...so your it! :D

We were all 16 once, and maybe forget the way we were and what we did and how others saw us. We are all here because of our love for the Z, the quest for more knowledge and to get help with the problems that are sure to arise with an older classic. Some of us don't socialize much, and it can take years to get to know someone before you can talk freely without the danger of being misunderstood. I think that is all that has happened, that I can see anyhow. I will do my part to not scare away any women. I mean jeesh, I'm not going to change my avatar and I don't look good in a dress either!:sick:

Khrystina, I'm glad you're still here. You are after all the only friend I have on my list. I even tried to be my own friend but this is what I got... You can't be friends with yourself.

Add a Member to Your List...so your it! :D

We were all 16 once, and maybe forget the way we were and what we did and how others saw us. We are all here because of our love for the Z, the quest for more knowledge and to get help with the problems that are sure to arise with an older classic. Some of us don't socialize much, and it can take years to get to know someone before you can talk freely without the danger of being misunderstood. I think that is all that has happened, that I can see anyhow. I will do my part to not scare away any women. I mean jeesh, I'm not going to change my avatar and I don't look good in a dress either!:sick:

And I am stoked to be your friend!!

I think your avatar is cute, it reminds me of Oscar from Sesame Street...LOL

no offense...

The "welcome to the internet" wasn't actually offensive to me. I saw it and kinda mumbled to myself... yea, true....

There are also other comments I also agree with from others who have replied as well. In fact, I think we are all right on this subject. Just from the sheer number of replies in the last 4-5 hours, I can tell this is a topic that might tend to linger just like a discussion about politics.

One thing I do believe is that ANY member making a comment (man or woman) should remember to type as if you were standing right in front of the other person. Or, type as if you were making an announcement to a group of people in a room.......

:)

As McLuhan put it so succinctly, "the medium IS the message", although he was referring to television, LOL. None of us are professional writers (i don't think) and yet we are using little two-dimensional squiggles on a screen to try and convey not only our point of view on some subject, but also our emotional state about said subject.

Depending on each reader's interpretation, Mikewags statement could be construed as either; factual, ironic, demeaning, insensitive..... Emoticons were invented to help express the writers intent and reduce the possibility that they might be misinterpreted or taken in the wrong context. In fact that's exactly what Mikewags did in this case, and still his intent was mis-interpreted, LOL.

Even when dealing with people face-to-face its easy to misread their body language or take things the wrong way. When Im on the Inter-web and Im not sure about the "intent" of something Im reading, I try not to read anymore into it than whats there. If im that concerned about it I will ask the writer for a clarification. This (plus my tinfoil hat) does wonders to ease my sense of paranoia.

cheers,

p

Two of the things that makes this such a vital and living club are the diversity and the passion of its membership. It stands to reason that the two strongest forces in any club will sometimes go at it, this is one of those times-and most of you can count the others, and name the persons(multiple personalities) involved. This may be somewhat bothersome, but it is healthy as long as everyone remembers what they have invested in the club and what they get out. I know I get far more diamonds out that I put in, and I have had a couple of issues with several members, and even warnings from Mike early on. Surprisingly the first and most serious issue I had was with a member who I now talk to on the phone regularly. We found a common ground, and guess what, it was Z cars! Our friendship grew from there-here.

He sent me something yesterday I found hilarious, and very pertinent to this thread.

It is easy to disagree with someone, it is easy to insult someone, it is easy to look childish. It takes years on a difficult road to be an adult, sometimes all of us need figure out we took a wrong turn...

Any girl with a Z, and interest in it belongs here.

Will

post-4106-14150804088893_thumb.jpg

Edited by hls30.com

Khrystina doesn't seem like the kind of gal who needs to be protected but I think Mike has a good point. If a woman posts here, no one should feel the need to protect them. They should be treated with respect.

As to the "Welcome to the Internet" comment. If the intention was to say 'this is the nature of the culture' and it is too bad... That is one thing. But if the intention was to say that 'this is the nature of the culture' and there is nothing you can do about it that is quite another and I see why Mat got defensive. I know Mat personally and I am sure if you can explain the intention of what you said he might be less offended. My wife (in the avatar picture) is a member of some of the sites I frequent under the screen name Yopu. She is always treated respectfully. Why should it be different here?

My wife (in the avatar picture) is a member of some of the sites I frequent under the screen name Yopu. She is always treated respectfully. Why should it be different here?

That is surprising she is always treated with respect. My daughter is on Myspace and its amazing what she has dealt with on there before she went to a private setting.

In the interest of science, I have changed my avatar to a photo taken of my lovely wife last winter, just to see how many hits I get to my nickname now :)

My wife (in the avatar picture) is a member of some of the sites I frequent under the screen name Yopu. She is always treated respectfully. Why should it be different here?

Does she have an similar photo of you in her avatar?

Crossgenderavitaring?

Yikes!

I guess it is Ok as long as it is done with respect.

Will

LOL, now that word is a mouthful. I would probably get a lecture about crossgenderavataring on here from my significant other. Tomorrow is our 14th wedding annivesary, I asked for a new distributor for my Z!

I am just going to do it for a couple days, jsut to see how many hits I have to my page, totally unscientific, just having a bit of fun.