IGNORED

rear strut assy removal tricks

trykflyr

Anyone have any tricks to getting the spindle out of the transverse link at the rear strut? I have the lock bolt out after much penetrating oil and a lot of cussin'. The sway bar's disco'd and all the brake lines are off. The upper strut bolts are still in and tight, holding the weight of the assy.

The book sez to leave those till last and drop the assy as a whole unit. Will the strut clear the wheel well if I pull the top nuts and drop it down? I could straighten the joint at the transverse link and take any binding off there.

Yeah the strut assembly will clear the wheel well, you just have to disconnect the differential half shaft if you haven't already. and as for the spindle pin I can tell you from experience "good luck" I would recommend loaning a spindle pin puller tool from one of the other members

Haha yay a new friend. If you want to be a tough man, you can hammer out the old spindle pin (like I did) and buy new spindle pins or you can make a puller tool or borrow one from Beandip, I think he was the one who lent them out.

I'll pull the whole thing and take it to a bud with a front end shop. he can do the hard stuff, i'll just write the check. Besides, it's a helluva long way from where he is to the frozen freakin north... thanks for the info!! great link by the way. whoever did the photos has a great sense of humor!