IGNORED

I'm Bringing Back Tha Twin Stacks ^_^ !

WingZr0

Heh Andy, I can't thank you enough for that recommendation of that VHT Flameproof paint! Just painted the Stainless Steel section and that stuff goes on smooth. Layed the Ansa flat then hit with 2 light coats and waited a quick second, rolled it right side up and got all the top areas and waited another second, then rolled it over flat on the other side then hit that wit 2 light coats. Rolled it around to check for runs and spread the paint even, then went back to the previous side and repeated the process in reverse hitting it a little more heavier. The area being painted was over hanging off a small box BTW and everything else was masked off.

Edited by WingZr0

Also worth noting, you know how you supposed to turn on the paint first AND THEN glide over what your painting? Well towards the end I made the mistake of turning on the nosel directly over the Ansa and made a runny circle at point blank range. So waiting a second I quickly added a couple of blend coats that didn't do no good, the circle was still there. Any more paint would only add to the problem. So I stepped out in the sun and saw that it dries way faster AND the paint decided it was going to dry evenly anyway! I'll let the Black dry for the next 4 hours and add in the Orange and Red Ribbon Paint tomorrow. Awesome stuff Andy, Thanks ;)

Edited by WingZr0

The tone and note is great, smooth and musical to my ears. I drive around with the window down all the time, just to better hear it. But for my taste it could actually stand to be a bit louder. And the Monza I have definitely isn't as carefully built as the Ansas, the angle tips aren't aligned as nicely as I'd prefer.

But the Monza was quite cheap, and since I wasn't certain I wanted the dual-tip look, it was a great and inexpensive way to find out. Turns out that I do like the look, and will work to keep it when I replace my current small diameter (1 3/4") system. Currently leaning towards using a Magnaflow rear muffler to replicate the look of the Abarth system rather than the the Ansa look. But either look (Ansa or Abarth) will be fine.

Hi Dan, I ain't forgot about you ;). I was gonna suprise you when I was done :D. Finally found an ex Ansa guy to help assemble the parts with my blueprint drawings and various specs for member Tim Z. Won't have the final version done untill Thursday when it warms up again to 66 degress. We have a big storm coming and it's already below 60 according to the Weather Channel. VHT says the paint won't stick correctly below 60. Just need to do the Ribbons and Inner Outlet. Already sanded and masked off those areas but masking the chrome from the outlet paint required pin stripper precision. Been documenting the build with High Res pics but won't have those up till Friday, but I text'd you some crappy camera phone pics in the meantime. Oh and I also got those Big Red ANSA Stickers made you were looking for too :) . ~Z~

Edited by WingZr0

Hey Z, it's awesome the paint has worked so well. VHT is really quality paint. It is a little more expensive but I believe you do get what you pay for.

I wonder if that flat orange isn't the VHT version of "chevy red" engine color, which is actually more of an orange color. My local NAPA auto parts carries a lot of the vht paints and so does the local speed and machine shop

:beer:

Hey Z, it's awesome the paint has worked so well. VHT is really quality paint. It is a little more expensive but I believe you do get what you pay for. I wonder if that flat orange isn't the VHT version of "chevy red" engine color, which is actually more of an orange color. My local NAPA auto parts carries a lot of the vht paints and so does the local speed and machine shop :beer:
Yeah I seen that Chevy color too which is actually also correct. The one I'm using is code "SP114 Flat Orange" which leans a bit towards a Yellow Orange. Was wanting a gloss but on thier web site they list all the shades as a Flat color. I've seen Ansa Z Twin Stacks in both shades and the Orange Red was both in a Gloss and a Flat version.The Celica Ansa's I just had where the Orange Red color and more of a gloss. Strange thing is is that the real Factory Ansa "Yellow Orange" sometimes looks like the Orange Red depending on the sunlight and time of day. Yep VHT is cool stuff, like powder coating. Edited by WingZr0

• 2 weeks later...

Here you go boys,

I introduce to you the all new WingZr0 Spec ANSA Twin Stack Exhaust ! :classic:

Picture060-2-1-1.jpg?t=1270675825

Picture064-2-1.jpg?t=1270676238

Picture056-2.jpg?t=1270676180

More pics here at photo bucket link :cool:

ANSA photos click here

What do ya think? :D

I'll have it shipped off for Tim Z on Saturday, lucky guy I'm

already envious and I'm the one who made the Darn thing ^_^.

In the photo link you can also see the Chrome extended piece before it was

painted Black!

And also the all Chrome version with no stickers or decals with

Gloss Black inlet pretty much sits now befor adding the last 2 colors of paint :).

Will finish painting the Red Ribbon and ANSA Orange inlet paint tomorrow now

that it has finally warmed up.

Inlet size can be made 1.75 inch for stock 240Z/260Z, 2 inch for 280Z or

bigger up to 3.5 inches before hitting restriction issues :cool:

This is the entened version as mentioned earlier and it slides right onto the

the stock exhaust line only needing to be welded and bolted on with

custom hanger brackets for a better look also as mentioned.

Can also do a shorter version to eliminate the S Curve if hanging an all

new exhaust line from mid pipe back.

This will change the sound alot and probably make it louder but heh... :cool:

Only need to know your inlet size and preffered "Appearance Package".

Now taking orders LOL !

post-13541-14150810570878_thumb.jpg

post-13541-14150810573186_thumb.jpg

~Z~

post-13541-14150810569178_thumb.jpg

post-13541-14150810569738_thumb.jpg

post-13541-1415081057031_thumb.jpg

post-13541-14150810571478_thumb.jpg

post-13541-14150810572195_thumb.jpg

post-13541-14150810572758_thumb.jpg

Edited by WingZr0