IGNORED

Help!!! 1970 240z L24 with tripple Mikuni 44's

chachacourt

I was reading one of the thread. It sound like running a tripple Mikuni in a original L24 not going to give you much speed or power. This is what i have now on this car. I already spent so much and I have not yet gotten my first drive. I need some power and speed. I also will be looking for a dual exhaust system that will sound great. Not those crappy hondas, acura and whatever those idiots are running in the streets around here in South Florida. My friend call me and said he found 280zx in the junkyard and it has a 5 speed trans. Should i get it and what else.

Bigger carbs allow for more air/fuel to the cylinders. This will deliver more power as long a you are running a cam that is set up to use that extra capacity.

In order to deliver more power, you want to achieve balance throughout your system. Carbs >> cam >> head (ported) >> exhaust system. Simply adding bigger exhaust will not automatically provide better flow unless that is the constriction in the system.

Do some digging on this website and hybridz.org, this is discussed at length.

As for the 5 speed, there are a couple of different variations of the 5 speed that have mildly different gear ratios. The biggest change over your 4 speed is the addition of an overdrive gear which will be good for highway. There will be little (if it is the close-ratio 5 speed) to almost no difference other than that. You may want to look into rear end changes depending on what performance you want to achieve.

Again, use the search function...all of this has been well covered in previous posts...

Thanks for the response. I am not that handy around cars, so therefore whatever you guys advise I will probably need clrification, just bear with me. What type of cam do you suggest. I want to improve the car and whatever i get i want to be able to use it in the future for whatever upgrades am doing on the car.

There is no one good answer. You should use the resources you have available and search here and at hybridz.org. Then read for a couple weeks. After that, you should have a better idea of the questions you should be asking, and with more specific questions we can give you more specific answers.