IGNORED

C110 for sale - may need a little work

khughes

I can't buy two, that would mean I have 3 windscreens for the 240k. The one in Newcastle is in good nic only minor scratches.

I've already chipped the paint in a few places, and dribbled brake fluid onto one of the lower control arms causing the por to peel off :stupid: so it's only fair the windscreen gets a few blemishes to match the rest of the car.

Yep, put the goo down, stick ya screen to it and replace your trims. Sounds easy doesn't it:devious:

Heh heh, I'm really looking forward to it:rolleyes: just trying to decide which friend I should sucker in to help me. I won't be getting my GF to help me as she failed with the carpet bigtime. Now one side is further forward than the other, can't risk that with the windscreen.

The guy who's selling me the windscreen for $160 is Peter from Novus 0402 304 437 in case anyone is interested. Only fits them on the Goldcoast. He's also selling me some special primer to go over the topcoat and some special thinners to clean it before using the sikaflex. I'll post photos shortly

He's also selling me some special primer to go over the topcoat and some special thinners to clean it before using the sikaflex.

When mine was done, they use some special black stuff on a spong, and put this on the windows (about 1 cm wide) around the outside, and on the the area on the car where it was going to seal too, I believe this makes it stick better

Nigel

• 4 months later...