IGNORED

Be safe out there...

conedodger

These pictures come from a Seattle Area paper. Yesterday, a 25 Year old driving a 350Z doing well over 100 according to witnesses. Skidded, turned sideways, hit a curb and flew through a wrought iron fence and 85 feet through the air into the yard of a house. The gas tank ruptured as it went over the curb and the car was on fire as it flew through the air. Both the driver and passenger were burned beyond recognition... First thumbnail is the house. It wasn't hit but as you can see the fire was pretty intense. Second thumbnail is the mangled wrought iron fence at a clinic 85 feet from the house. Third is the curb next to the fence. See the scrape marks from the bottom of the car?

post-16545-14150803648885_thumb.jpg

post-16545-14150803649187_thumb.jpg

post-16545-1415080364938_thumb.jpg

You know, as I was driving my 240 the other night to test out the fuel pump I caught myself thinking that it was good I didn't own it when I was young and stupid...

May all who read this live long enough to have the same thought

someday.

Too many youngins with more balls than brains.

I'm 21 but was raised by a racer. Rule number 1: you go fast on the track, don't act like an a$$ on the street.

Obviously from my screenname you might gather that I am an autocrosser. My own children were raised just as your father raised you. My 10 year old is being raised as your father raised you... There is a place for this. There is talent that needs to be developed. There are support people that need to be in place. I am glad my kids learned to autocross and do track days with me. They have skills they can use on the street. But most of those skills don't involve the pedal on the right...

This is sad. Two families torn up and twisted because of stupidity and testosterone possibly even alcohol.

Sad. I was involved in another thread speaking about motorcycles - which I've ridden since I am a 7 year old (dirt bikes, then graduated to street bikes when old enough). Too often, I see young kids on balls out GSXRs and Ninjas riding WAY too fast for any public road. In NJ, we have the "Garden State Parkway" - a major highway that stretches most of the State. I've seen kids blasting at speeds well over 100mph (probably going closer to 120 or so) with no fear of what could happen.

My dad was a drag racer - also told me to keep the foolishness off the road and do you racing at the track. Not all kids are as fortunate as I am, but you have to wonder why we aren't doing more to teach children of the dangers.

RIP.

I just lost a cousin that I knew pretty well last Wednesday. He wasn't driving a Z, by any means. He had a new Yamaha YZF-R1. He had too much bike, too few brains, sadly. Decided to get on it, IN TOWN, and was going well over 100 MPH when a car decided to pull out in front of him. He hit the fender in ahead of the front tire, and was launched into a concrete wall. No helmet either. He died at a young age of 22.

I'm 21, and although I've been stupid, I generally do stupid out where no other vehicles are, and if something gets loose/goes wrong, I won't kill myself.

Everyone out there should be safe. Don't let your hobby/pleasure cruise get the best of you!