IGNORED

Datsun Driving CANBY Fun June 14 & 15

Bruce Palmer

Can anybody say ("GUMBALL") or is it illigal in your state?

I had to register for the car show to keep my classic car insurance discount.

I have to leave here on Friday at about 8:00am... hope to make it LOL

See ya'll there.:classic:

Gary : This is exactly why I am not going to Canby. There is always some confusion and politics and rules. Not just at Canby either. Personally I would just rather get together with a few people such as Roger and you and sit around some place and have something to eat and drink and just bs about Z cars. Its not worth the headache. Furthurmore the club thing is not for me either. Just changing directions and life prorities and going down a different road. I also do not want to offend anyone that goes to Canby or is in any club. If it works for them I am happy for them. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I support that fully. This happens to be mine. I have owned Z cars for almost thirty years and just want to do my own thing. On a personal note thanks for your help and advice . All the best. John:classic:

That's great that you are coming in from that distance. If you are a solo driver this could be a push if you are planing on Saturday. I drove it from Billings to Portland in one shot, and wouldn't do it again. The last 3 hours were really tough, and I was dead tired upon arrival. Hope you have a uneventful trip, and I am looking forward to meeting you.

Gary

John . sorry you feel that way. Not much confusion for me really. I am just going , paying my $5.00 and I am going to enjoy the show with my friends . Both the ones I know and those I haven't met yet. LOL I go every year and have always had a great time. There just has been some confusion over technicalities that frustrate some. I am just trying to mediate and solve the issue. The show in the past has gone on great and been fun and I don't see that this year will be any different. Some truly great cars and the people are OK too. Ha ha ha John you have my address , email me any time.

Gary

This is exactly why I am not going to Canby. There is always some confusion and politics and rules.
May I suggest that you do as I do? I'm not a club member either, don't have the time to dedicate to that. So I pay no attention to the politics and such.

I'll happily spend the $5 to attend and park inside at Canby, and spend the time visiting with friends, meeting new people, and looking at cars. I've had a great time there both years I've gone, and all the politics has affected me not at all.

First off I am not affiliated with the club putting on the Canby show, and I cannot speak for them. I have only been passing on the information that has been given me in good faith. I called Bruce Palmer and asked him to talk to one of the board members and have them post to this thread and settle this once and for all. If what I have stated is not correct. I am surprised that by this late time of night there hasn't been a reply here, since I talked with Bruce about noon.

Gary:smoke:

Why hello there.:cheeky:

My name is Jordan, I am vice president of DatsunsNW. Bruce contacted me yesterday to get clarification as to what you CAN do the day of the 2008 show.

I have read through the thread, and most of what I see is right on. For 5$ you drive in, park in the grassy area to the left, and enjoy a day of Datsun with your peers. Your car is eligible for a peoples choice award, but not the class awards. You will not be able to vote on the pre-registered cars. The pre-registered cars are parked in their respective classes in a seperate area just a few steps away.

We strongly encourage pre-registration, so cars can be classed fairly and judged against their peers. It makes parking, showing, and voting easier for us. I am sorry that beautiful cars are not eligible for trophys if not pre-registered, but everyone had an equal chance to register.

That being said, there are many cars that show up the day of, pay the $5 and come in. We welcome those who do, and have plenty of room to accomidate. In past years we have had at least as many, if not more cars do so. It is a great and welcome addition to the show, and I encourage all to come by.

The show is still growing, and we are adding more activities every year. You see we will be having the dyno both days, on site food available, movies inside during the day, and more swap meet vendors. Saturday is a good day to score parts, get on the Dyno, come to the banquet, and buy mechandise before it sells out.

Now if you made it this far, you may have noticed that I mentioned Canby 2008 in my third sentence. This is because things MAY change next year and in future years.

We are working on a system that WILL allow people to get their cars eligible for trophies, park with the rest of the "show" cars, vote, and be registered in the proper classes, if they show up on the day of the show. We have spoke of this system at a club meeting, but it is NOT for this years show (2008). I believe this is where the confusion has come from that is present in the thread. Beandip, you are descibing what we are working on, however, it will NOT be happening this year.

Thanks for your interest in the show. I will subscribe to this thread, and will try to clear up any confusion that I have created. :nervous:

...You will not be able to vote on the pre-registered cars. ...

Hi Jordan,

How exactly does the voting work then? Do only the people who pre-register get to vote, or are the cars judged by a specific group of people? Thanks.

-Mike

Hi Jordan,

How exactly does the voting work then? Do only the people who pre-register get to vote. Thanks.

-Mike

Thats it right there. The ballots are included in the registration packets.

Hopefully it is pretty fair this way.

The way I look at it, those who are voting, will also have some knowledge of the vehicles involved. i.e. they wont vote for a car just because it is their favorite color. Also the opportunity for "ballot stuffing" is nil.

All and all, it is a pretty laid back casual show. No official judges, no security guards, no lawyers. LOL

John sorry you are not coming over to the show. I was looking forward to meeting another long time Z owner. I am coming down to see the cars and spend the day with my Z friends. I did not register and will pay the 5.00 and park inside with all the other Z cars after we meet up at the rest stop. I have truly enjoyed both of the last two years looking at cars and putting faces to the names I contact all year. I look forward to being in Canby next week end.