IGNORED

I need everyones input on this one (Combo and T/S switches)

Zs-ondabrain

• 2 weeks later...

Zs-ondabrain: What is really needed are schematics of the Turn Signal Left hand stalk and the Right Hand Stalk combination of switches for those completely rewiring a 240Z. With your knowledge and ability to rebuild these switch assemblies it should not be too difficult to come up with schematics of same. Would like to hear feedback from you regarding this matter. Please advise. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Yup, you definately got a short in the left turn signal. Concentrate on the left turn lights.

They are green/red in the front and rear, at the hazard switch and at the light in the tach. You should be able to trace it easily that way. It's ground out somewhere.

By the way, The average price of a 240Z Starter is $40. Just go buy one. Even a Pull-A-Part starter out of a 280ZX (gear reduction) is about $10. Mine was $10 and that was over 3 years ago.

Dave

• 2 months later...

do you buy chance have any pics of a 260z headlight switch and connector? ive had the car for a few years and its time to start fixing it up. the problem im having is the P.O. or someone before him cut the plugs off both switches, i got the turn switch figured out since the wires all matched in color, but none of the three headlight switches i have match the car side wires, well, most, the dash lights is about it. i have a FSM but it seems all my switches are for a different car. my build date is 7/74. thanks

Sam,

Dave will probably come through with pictures before I can. I have a 260Z combo switch sitting in my garage. Unfortunately, I'll be a few hundred miles from my garage for the next couple of weeks. (Does anybody know when it's supposed to get warm in Canada?)

One bit of good news is that RockAuto has a replacement switch that looks like NOS for only $200. I put one in my 260Z. Also, VintageConnections has 9 wire connectors that will work with the headlight switch in case you want to replace the connectors.

Here's another ....

2/73 240Z

3 position wiper and usual everything else, long pigtail on Turn signal switch.

Also, I believe the combo switch sits on an upper angle (due to the 3 position wiper switch) as compared to the earlier 240Z switches that sit in the center of the metal chassis.

My car is a 2/73 so unless you want pics from me I'll stay out of this.

Damnit Sam, I was JUST in Auburn Yesterday. Had to go to "Carbs Unlimited" off 22nd and Auburn way? I could have brought you a switch. I have a couple (dozen? maybe?)

I'll try and take a picture for you tomorrow. But check this thread for and late 73' switches, they are the SAME.

Dave

• Like 1