IGNORED

Correct spark plug wires for L28 engine

TomoHawk

You were asking about the 'correct' wires. I was unsure of your meaning but I assumed you meant OEM. Taylor wires are good wires. I've used them on other cars but have not tried a set on a Datsun. The only problem I can see with the ones you show is that they all appear to be pretty much the same length. Just for the heck of it I measured my sprare set of blue 7mm NGK wires, the same as the ones on both my 810 and my Z. #1 wire is about 6" shorter than #6. Going from #1 to #6, they measure 28, 30, 32, 32, 33, and 34 (bent end).

Can I assume those come in black with the correctly bent ends?
NGKs are opaque blue these days......

blue 7mm NGK wires.....

The last set of NGK wires I bought(last year) were opaque blue insulation.....

I'd say they're blue with correctly bent end(#6).

You were asking about the 'correct' wires. I was unsure of your meaning but I assumed you meant OEM. Taylor wires are good wires. I've used them on other cars but have not tried a set on a Datsun. The only problem I can see with the ones you show is that they all appear to be pretty much the same length. Just for the heck of it I measured my sprare set of blue 7mm NGK wires, the same as the ones on both my 810 and my Z. #1 wire is about 6" shorter than #6. Going from #1 to #6, they measure 28, 30, 32, 32, 33, and 34 (bent end).

Taylor does make custom length sets for the L6. Their 8.2 mm is their newest product and they come in blue 84690, red 84290 and black 84090 available from Summit Racing for $51.

Is the Silver wire part inside the boot ends supposed to stick down into the

rotor cap plug holes that the boots plugs into,

or hover around the top of it when the boots is pluged onto the cap.

The Silver wire parts slide back up into the boots all the way when

plugging them onto the rotor cap.

Is the connection still good the way they are now or should the Silver wires go

down into the plug holes all the way as well.

My wires are Napa Brand LOL

~Z~

• 10 years later...