IGNORED

Correct spark plug wires for L28 engine

TomoHawk

Is there a proper source to get the correct spark plug wires for an L28 engine? The last set I got from the LAP were more of the universal type, and they were all the same length with all straight ends. I believe that the ends for #5 & 6 have a bend and a right-angle, resp. I also believe black is the proper colour?

thxZ

Magnecor wires are not cheap and are made to order. I have a set on my car. Each lead is only 6 inches long (running COP) and the set cost $80. You use them for their shielding if you are concerned with EMF interference and not necessarily their lower resistance.

Magnecor wires are not cheap and are made to order. I have a set on my car. Each lead is only 6 inches long (running COP) and the set cost $80. You use them for their shielding if you are concerned with EMF interference and not necessarily their lower resistance.

I have two sets of the KV85s for my L28ET turbo projects, I wish they were $80...

The Early NGK wires had Translucent blue insulation-I have a set I kept purely because I thought they were cool looking. The last set of NGK wires I bought(last year) were opaque blue insulation.

Will

Yes, the NGKs are opaque blue these days. But they do have the bent boot on number 6 only, which is the same as my original 1971 date-coded wires have - five straight and one bent. Don't know what is 'correct' for a 280Z, though.

post-8596-14150802492769_thumb.jpg

post-8596-14150802493204_thumb.jpg

22450-N4325 is the L28 OEM spark plug wire set. It supercedes to 22450-N4326 at NissanParts.cc. It also shows as 22450-00006 and 22050-N4326 at Courtesy & Courtesy. I don't know if you get the 'correct' set through Nissan with the change of part numbers but the price is a little better at NissanParts.cc.

I have two sets of the KV85s for my L28ET turbo projects, I wish they were $80...

Will

Mine were $80 because they only had 6-inch leads. I am sure that if I had longer wires they would have been significantly more. :)