What does the 1973 Dash look like? - Page 2 - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

What does the 1973 Dash look like?

Featured Replies

Carl you are correct, my old eyes missed the "1" before the 2, in other words it is stamped 12/02.. that brings the vin in to correctness with being a 73 model. Picture of my dash is included that does not have the cross shape indent, but does have the toggle hazard switch.

post-5458-14150802356459_thumb.jpg

Hi Robin:

That's an interesting picture. I'm guessing that your build date is actually 12/72 {not 12/02}, and I see that you have the toggle switch for the hazard warning flashers... rather than the Green Push/Pull lighted switch more common on the 73 Model Year cars. Makes me wonder at what point in time, Nissan started using the newer Green Push/Pull Switch.

1973Z and Bonzi Lon - which type of hazard switch do you have, and what is the build date on your 73's?

FWIW,

Carl B.

I'm attaching some pics of my -73, if it can be any help to mister B

post-14427-1415080236105_thumb.jpg

Mine has the green push-pull switch. VIN HLS30-168500, July 1973.

Bonzi Lon

WAAAY off topic here, but is brown a popular colour for '73s? It seems that most people that I see mention having a '73 turn out to be brown. :LOL: The '73 I'm getting is brown as well. :)

  • 1 month later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
Bonzi - thanks for the confirmation of the smooth area to side of the hazard switch.

Carl, I think there is a difference between the '72 and '73 dash. My '73 and Bonzi's looks like the early dash in your picture (smooth area, no cross indent) with the exception that it has the green pull hazard switch/lighter. Maybe only the '72 has the indent?

Isn't the 73 dash backlit?

My 73 vin 139920 ,built 12/72 has the green switch.

It appears to be the original dash, although I can not be certain.

Doug

  • Author

Mine is 162340 - It has the green pull hazard switch

My '73 (126840) is a 10/72 build, and has the green hazard switch.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.