IGNORED

GT-R in race trim

Zulaytr

It looks much better in "race trim"...

I noticed that when all this was in the future - the Automotive Press kept referring to the Skyline GT-R coming to America.... but also notice that Nissan itself refuses to use the name Skyline - and simply refers to the car as the Nissan GT-R. Anyone know why Nissan doesn't use the Skyline name on the GT-R?

As an aside - I got to drive a friends new G37 with the 6spd. ... NICE, very nice ...

FWIW,

Carl B.

If I were to guess, and that's all this is, I would say that Nissan is keeping the "Skyline" moniker for the Infiniti line.

However I think that would be a mistake, not only in regards to the purists, but in regards to the name and the current slug lines in all the adverts.

Imagine the marketing: Shift_your Horizons The all new Nissan Skyline.

Although something certainly could be done with Infiniti.

Only Infiniti can take you to the Skyline. The Infiniti Sklyine (or some such).

I noticed that when all this was in the future - the Automotive Press kept referring to the Skyline GT-R coming to America.... but also notice that Nissan itself refuses to use the name Skyline - and simply refers to the car as the Nissan GT-R. Anyone know why Nissan doesn't use the Skyline name on the GT-R?

Well, from what I've heard and can infer Carl, there are a few reasons. While the Skyline name does carry considerable cachet with automotive enthusiasts, outside of Japan it has little meaning to the general public. Especially here in the US.

Also, before to the new GT-R, all previous GT-R's were basically souped-up Skylines. The new car was designed from the start to be Godzilla on four wheels. So in effect, it's not a Skyline, it is truly the Nissan GT-R.

And of course the Skyline name was kept for the JDM market, cuz that would be like GM dropping the Corvette name.

Awesome Just frekin SWEET ! ^^

Been waiting to see that thing in 500 trim.

Look at the corning skill, wonder who's behind the wheel.

And luv the Prototype color as always and the way the movie ends,

turns the corner and fades to Black. (Silence..)

Just Sweet.....

~Z~