IGNORED

If you build it, they will die.

theianmonster

Its sweet when people flame on this site.

If you like starting problems so much then please go to hybridz, (they seem to like it over there) ,or do it over PM so those of us that are here for Z CAR CONTENT (not cat fights) can view Z CAR CONTENT.

Anyway, back to said Z CAR CONTENT:

I'm excited to see how this turns out.

Have you thought about steering angle at all? If you're going to compete with the Corollas & 240SXs you're going to need to be able to hang it out there a little further than stock will allow.

theianmonster would appear to be an up and coming "Burt". In my humble opinion, he and his post should be eliminated, rather than encouraged. It's the Moderators call, but I'd cut this off at the knees.

As Hybridz was mentioned, I'll point out the fact that they would not for an instant, put up with anyone from the "purists" mind set, posting their trash talk on the Hybridz forum... and we should be just as vigilant about people trashing Classic Z Cars and then rubbing our collective noses in the resulting mess.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Building the car is his call, it's his car. Shoving it down our throats, and you must admit Ian, that is what you are doing, will result in the kind of responses you're getting. Even the person you purchased the car from seems to have a problem with it. Part of this 'maturity' you speak of would include being bigger than reacting to what you feel is being 'hopped on'. Or even posting a thread with these phrases in your 'disclaimer'.

........I figured I'd make a new one to really shake some boots..........

I know a lot of you guys here are into keep your Z's stock, but I also know there are the lot of you that race your Z's and really beat the hell out of them. If you can't stand to see a stripped Z, turn away now, thanks.

You must have known, based on those quotes that you'd get some of the types of responses your're getting.
This is one of the reasons I don't post here that often anymore.
Possibly you should give the rest of the reasons more consideration also.
I'm really glad that you're getting off by being an asshole.

Now, there's a show of maturity.

Don't Trip there Ian your on the right path,

So avoiding another Left Field thread here, I seen those S13 dash

conversions before in a Magizine about a year ago in a newly

restored Green 240Z sporting a SR20 Engine.

And I admit as you say Ian it did look CLEAN.

Absolutely stock looking.

Whats the Wieght balance ratio going to be with your 1JZ,

are you going for 50/50?

Building the car is his call..., Even the person you purchased the car from seems to have a problem with it.

I don't know if Zs-ondabrain mind that much besides for the

need for parts he missed out.

If I sold Ruby, (Which would never happen), I'd expected the new owner

to do some tinkering but as long as they did it right and didn't

gut her for use in a crash derby :)

Have you thought about steering angle at all? If you're going to compete with the Corollas & 240SXs you're going to need to be able to hang it out there a little further than stock will allow.

Will MSA's quick steering knuckles work?

They're about $145 but will that also mean the front tire clearnce will be

tighter at full lock?

~Z~

37 "hopping" on a 19 year old? Do you think that 18 years of age difference should get you a free pass? Get over it kid, you are supposedly an adult now and if you can't take this little bit of heat, life is going to chew you up and spit you out. You say you are in college, what's going to happen when a 50+ year old professor calls you on the carpet in front of 100+ people in a class? You'll have a melt down based on your over-reaction here. Man up.

I'm done. Added to the ignore list.

turbo240, "If you like starting problems so much then please go to hybridz, (they seem to like it over there)" Actually, as Carl pointed out, Hybridz is heavily moderated. You get a little warning and if you persist, a nice little 30 day timeout.

Flaming the site? I do not see any posts flaming the site. I do not see any posts flaming anybody until Ian got his panties in a twist about a comment I made about a prediction.

This is not to intentionally take this in another direction, though it probably will, but what is 'stock looking' or 'restored' about a Green 240Z sporting a S13 dash conversion and a SR20 Engine? People can do whatever they want to do with their cars, after all, it's theirs. Including 'gutting her for use in a crash derby'. But if I don't share the same enthusiasm for it that they do, that's okay too. Eveyone is entitled to their opinion but they are not entitled to force it on anyone. If you post something that doesn't fit the general crux of the site, and then blow up at the first sign of criticism, that's exactly what you're doing.

Good Question,

The Green 240Z was first restored to the point it needed to be before the

offshoot of the SR20 and other mods.

The Same owner previoulsy had a Red 240Z which he took a long time to

restore to stock condition straight up, only to have it stollen and

never found not long after completing it.

So when he bought the Green one he decided not to go the Resto way but

to instead have some fun with this time.

By stock "looking" I mean the dash didn't look out of place.

Everything was proportionately correct with the rest of the interrior down to the

shifter knob location which was needed to be moved 3 inches back with

the Skyline tranny.

The curves and everything about it just Flowed Nicely.

Of course though the SR20 was outa place,

10 year old engine/30 year old car, but the fun factor though... :)

I got a feeling Ian's Black and Yellow is going to be a Tight Top Contender when

he's finished.

~Z~

Well, I'll just leave it alone at this point. I don't agree that a customized car is 'restored' or even 'stock looking' when one knows what stock looks like but I posed a question and you answered it. And for Ian, you're putting a lot of work into your car and you're enjoying it and that's what really matters. I can totally appreciate that aspect. But, don't get upset if others don't agree with the direction you're taking because, no matter what you say, you won't change their minds.

Come on Bleach, you gotta help us increase the Z presence there this year. I'll be there unless something more important comes up. There were about 5 Z's there last year and I as well as many other would love to see a lot more there this year.

IAN,

All I was pretty much saying was "I gave you a HELL of a deal on the car" you could have at least kept me in mind or gave me first dibs on No Longer Needed parts. That's what I would have done, but then again, that's just me.

Dave.

Come on Bleach, you gotta help us increase the Z presence there this year. I'll be there unless something more important comes up. There were about 5 Z's there last year and I as well as many other would love to see a lot more there this year.

I don't see why I wouldn't be able to enter my car in the show this year. Maybe one of you guys could send me some info on how you register and such.