IGNORED

If you build it, they will die.

theianmonster

I made a little thread about this car a while back, but I figured I'd make a new one to really shake some boots.

I know a lot of you guys here are into keep your Z's stock, but I also know there are the lot of you that race your Z's and really beat the hell out of them.

If you can't stand to see a stripped Z, turn away now, thanks.

I got this '71 240Z from Dave about a year ago, got the L28 running, and drove it to a few events, and got a lot of attention. I've been wanting to build a drift car for a few years now, and finally decided to go ahead and use my Z, seeing as nobody at the track thought I could do it.

Here's some specs on the car:

- 1JZ-GTE (Twin turbo Supra motor; 280hp/315ftlbs. STOCK)

- W58 Five Speed with 2JZ-GE bellhousing

- XTD Stage 3 Clutch

- DriftMotion Pulley Kit

- 50mm TiAL Blow off valve

- SPARCO Sprint Seats

- S13 Dash Conversion

- Completely Stripped Interior

- No sound deadening

- Nismo Steering Couplers

- Nismo T/C Kit

- Tokico Illumina shocks

- Eibach Pro Springs

- Welded Longnose R200

- Rear sway

- Braided brake lines

The whole engine bay is stitch welded, and I am currently working on the engine mounts, seeing as this car has to be done by March 30th.

PICTURES:

l_101091fdab9f80940b4d1e4032001253.jpg

l_1aa0b248b150b46db3209917e26b31e2.jpg

Test fitting some wheels, 15x10 -38, will be running same wheel but a 16.

l_fd9c8dab886ea1900dd77721edc3b288.jpg

l_1bb3a8af8d0b50a38ecb44eb576fc814.jpg

l_e53b713195f5e2843fbb020f3a88c5af.jpg

I will keep you guys updated! I will be representing the Z world in the drift scene in Washington!

- Ian.

OK, so you tore the crap out of my old Z. Nice. But what did ya do with everything ya tore out? What are ya doing with the L28 and carbs that were in it?

Seats? I spent some good money and time rebuilding those. Dash? Heater assembly? Dash Harness? Write me and let me know what's available if anything. If I knew you were gonna rip everything out, I would have done it for ya. I could always use spare stuff around here.

By the way, that L28 I got from ya was trash. All the cooling ports and areas were rusted thru almost going thru th cylander walls and the block. Oh well. I could still use a decent L28 to rebuild though.

Dave.

I predict another "I crashed" thread within a year. Could not handle a relatively mild powered 240z.....

Watch your mouth man, I hit ice, that's what got me sideways. I'm glad that you want people to crash on this forum, great form of character you have there.

This is one of the reasons I don't post here that often anymore.

OK, so you tore the crap out of my old Z. Nice. But what did ya do with everything ya tore out? What are ya doing with the L28 and carbs that were in it?

Seats? I spent some good money and time rebuilding those. Dash? Heater assembly? Dash Harness? Write me and let me know what's available if anything. If I knew you were gonna rip everything out, I would have done it for ya. I could always use spare stuff around here.

By the way, that L28 I got from ya was trash. All the cooling ports and areas were rusted thru almost going thru th cylander walls and the block. Oh well. I could still use a decent L28 to rebuild though.

Dave.

Seats actually got sold to a really nice couple today doing a husband and wife build on a '72. The rest of the stuff has sold here and there, traded some things too.

Yeah, I had no clue what was up with the L28, sorry mate.

I'll make a list of what I have left and let you know.

- Ian.

Yes, I want you to crash. I think all of the money you are spending on this build would be better spent on an education. Reading comprehension fails you.

It helps NOT to LIE:

From your 11/08/06 post:

Those wicked crosswalks that have the painted stripes. Its like ice.

You hit a wet painted stripe unless you are changing your story now.

Secondly, you had your car running all of 4 days based on your 11/04/2006 thread stating that shes on the road. You then crashed on 11/08/2006.

Feel better now? I'm really glad that you're getting off by being an asshole.

Last I remember a 37 year-old man meant that you had some maturity in your life, or does it feel good to hop onto a 19 year-old and break everything down.

Ice, paint stripes, whatever, it got away from me and I hit a curb. I learned from it, and moved on.

As far as education goes, I am happily in college right now and working on a career in graphic design. Thank you for your concern.

- Ian.

PS- Thanks Zbane for your PM, its glad to know people out there are kind hearted.

I will be running a 265/45/16 once I get my wheels. The ones in the picture are 205/50/15. The wheels were off an AE86, so stretched tires weren't a big deal because of the lack of power.

It just all depends on how you stretch the tire, but yes, they COULD blow.

- Ian.