IGNORED

Low Mileage Series I on Ebay

lonetreesteve

I like this car - it was listed last year. When you think about that '72 barn find from a year ago that went for 13,500, this one is running, low milage and appears to be almost perfect. I'm thinkin he got the price right.

If I won the lotto.....

I love that colour too.

If it is what the seller says it is, and your the type that's into "keeping it bone stock original", my quess is, it is probably worth the $20K....OK, maybe $18.5K. Very nice survivor. I did notice, if you look at the interior picture on the console......I don't remember the 240 having any wood grain console inserts, and what appears to be a custom choke knob!!?

Tom

That car reminds me so much of my later '71, it's almost scary. The big plusses it has over mine are the lack of sunroof, and (to some people) it being a Series 1.

But a $20k reserve? If it were a low-VIN, sure, I could see that. But for a 12/70 car, that might be a bit of a stretch. I suspect that my car with 63k, just as original, but with sunroof and 7/71 production date might bring $12k, maybe a bit more on a good day. Like the auction car, mine could still use some mild refreshing. So the question is, does the lack of sunroof and and Series 1 status add $8k to the value? Like I said, a bit of a stretch, but not impossible given its East Coast location.

Why is he not willing to send more pictures? What relevance does "been there done that" he has also "been there and done that" for having someone back out of a sale of the same car before. Anyone understanding the rarity of what he says he is selling should also understand the necessity of more and detailed info-especially in a $20K ebay sale.

I suppose he could be using the travel costs to weed potential buyers by forcing them to go an view the car, but I think he is also loosing the people who know what to look for but don't have the time to do that trip to make a decision, and those who realize the cost of the travel doesn't include the cost of the time involved.

It is a pretty car, it is a shame this guy doesn't know how to sell it.

It is absolutley not an unmessed with car-the wood grain pointed out earlier, and those special JDM choke/throttle knobs, the crazy switch in the dash above the hazzard switch tells me that probably the AC control has been moved into the dash(modified to mount there? and the console still has the scars from the dealer mounted control pod), there seem to be retractable seatbelts, there are two runs of webbing up to the pillar mount where one should be, and let's not forget the the mounting of a driver-side door mirror on the passenger door.

Still it wouldn't take much to put it back, but what can't we see that he won't provide pictures of...

Will