IGNORED

'72 240Z Going Cheap!

lonetreesteve

Rust spots on floor = bad rails = bad battery = ugh...could be trouble...

Or a great buy...but certainly not clear...

The seller says there is only minor rust on the floor pans. That doesn't necessarily mean it has bad frame rails and it surely doesn't mean that it has a bad battery tray.

From just looking at the pics, this seems like a good buy to me, especially for the East Coast. Personally, I don't like the automatic, but it can be converted. I sold my '71 for just under $15K last May -if the reserve on this car is $3k, it's a fifth of what mine sold for. With that in mind, I would say it's a good value, as long as the floor pan rust is only "minor".

To me the BIN sounds fair for what it is. The description is far too scant to make any sound decisions. If I wanted an automatic I would likely be contacting the buyer with a bunch of questions.... by telephone or personal visit if it wasn't too far away. "Speaking" with someone can tell you a lot about their integrity / honesty. With such a short description the seller is probably loosing a lot of potential interested parties and bids. Now, if I didn't want an automatic, it would lean me towards offering $500 ~ $800 less; parts & your time to do a conversion would likely approach that. don't y'all think(unless you put no value to your time investment). This might be one worth having at a really fair price (kind of refreshing to see a BIN that is not way over-priced).

Another thought on that offering on eBay. I went back to see what I might have missed with the description... I did end up with more to think about.

I place a lot of weight on the feedback system that eBay provides. Low feedback is often a tip off of bad news to come. Low feedback sellers do not get my bids. I rate this seller in a "low feedback" category. If you review the complaints against him, you will see the issue of 'misrepresentation' pop up several times. With an exchange of that amount of cash, I simply would not be comfortable with a scant description by a seller with a poorly rated feedback profile. 92.2% positive feedback should be a red flag - (a little bit lower than that and it won't be long until eBay sends 'em packing). I would not touch it without a good hands-on inspection by someone who knows Z-cars very well (and better than I).

This car looks someone threw a "good" paint job on it. The outside doesn't look to bad, but it looks a little "rough" underneath and inside. Looks like a lot of corrosion to me. Salt? I am on the west coast so what do I know. It is what I do not see that bothers me. Believe me my car still has some big issues, IE some metal damage issues but at least I can see them. Merely my opinion though.:classic:

Hi Ron:

You should start a new thread - with a Series I title... so more people will see it...

I don't know which car the last two Posts were related too...????

regards,

Carl