IGNORED

Eibach the way to go for a lowering kit?

76Datsun280z

My dad and I have been talking about lowering my car for some time now and I figure something something like this might be a good x-mas idea. Any how, I've been trying to read up on what I can about lowering springs and it seems like the Eibach's have gottan pretty good reviews from what I've read and seems to be the choice of what most people choose for a lowering kit. I was curious how these compare to some of the other lowering springs out there such as Tokico and European lowering springs? Which brand(s) works best with the stock shocks of the car?

From what I've read atleaste, it sounds to me like the Eibach's are the way to go for a lowering kit, but mainly first want to get your guys input (and to confirm this) on what lowering kits work best with the stock shocks for a lower stance. Thanks guys.

i've been VERY happy with the eibach prokit. i had them on my 1978 280Z with tokico shocks/struts, and i have them now on my 1973 240Z but with KYBs. i think i like the tokico's a bit better, but hard to say since the cars are a bit different. i also had the prokit on a turbo beetle, and a volvo 855T5, and they are just perfect for my taste on all of these applications.

here's a BEFORE and AFTER on my car FYI. lowers nicely, but could be a bit lower cosmetically speaking. i think.

hope this helps!

I too used the Eibach progressive rate lowering springs with my KYB struts and Love the feel and ride. It dropped about 1 1/2" and most people tell me that it has a great lowered profile. The tires are 225/50R16's but Mine is a 240Z so the ride may be different on your 280Z.

Dave.

Some will tell you not to mix the Eibach's and KYB's but I've never had a problem.

• 4 months later...

I've run the Tokico HP shocks with both the Eibach Pro Kit and Tokico HP lowering springs. Either spring set is nice for a street driven 240Z.

The Tokicos run your car a bit lower and are a bit stiffer then the Eibachs. Also, the rear springs in the Tokico kit are linear and tend to reduce squat compared to the progressive rear Eibachs. Both kits front springs are progressive.

FYI... the front "effective" spring rate for the Tokico kit (HPK251) is 140 lb. in. The rear spring rate is 165 lb. in.

FYI2... the spring rate for the Tokico springs in the 280Z kit (HPK253) is 185 lb. in. front ("effective" rate) and 200 lb. in. rear. These can be installed on a 240Z but you won't see any lowering benefit unless you cut 1/2 to 1 coil.

Disclaimer: I sell the Tokico stuff.

Sort of off topic, but this might help you as well. Im looking for a set of 225f/250r lowering springs. Is there anywhere that offers custom spring rates with a like 1.5-2 inch drop? I dont have the money to do coilovers at the moment so im looking for these to hold me over for awhile. Anyone know of somewhere?