IGNORED

Brake Warning Light Won't Turn On - Stumped

ktm

Do the light in the clock, map light and glove box lights work? Could you of mixed the blue and black wires up at the clock? The blue wire is spliced into the red blue wire. The drawings I have show the red blue power wire going to a 10 amp fuse. The light switch should have no effect on the brake warning light.

geezer, Escalon, et. al., thank you for the help. I am just going to route a +12v ignition hot wire to the other side of the light. I know that this is how it should work. I did the same thing with my reverse light switch as well. Since I pulled my heater core and blower motor, I lost my circuit for the reverse switch. I simply wired up a +12v ignition hot source to the correct side to fix it. I'll do the same for this light.

See you on the road.

Running another ignition hot wire is the easy fix, but I would still try to locate the break in the supply wire before it possibly shorts out on you, like E mentioned earlier. I can see your dilemna though. Not having a wire diagram that corresponds to the colors of your actual harness is nothing short of frustrating, especially if you want to avoid unwrapping the harness. Let us know what you find and how you fixed it.

Jim, the RL wire that powers the Brake Warn Ind Light connects to the G wire that powers the Tach, and is not part of the lighting circuit.

Bo:

While unwrapping the harness is a PITA, you might not need to do that. It might be that looking up by the Tach or the Speedo you note a loose RL wire without a connector at the end (because it would have been soldered onto the bulb holder).

It also may be that the wire pulled off AT the connection to the Green wire, in which case it would be inside the harness.

The big question is; Did you remove wires or have wires suddenly come loose from the harness when you did your mods? A wire doesn't just disconnect itself, it either fails at the connection or breaks mid-wire.

Powering the light with a new wire doesn't eliminate the problem of a loose powered wire, it just makes the light operational.

FWIW

E