rear view mirror - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

rear view mirror

Featured Replies

Is there any way to tighten up the swivel of an interior mirror? I got a brand new one from a friend, and its flopping around. Can't see any way to tighten or adjust it.

My original inside mirror had the same problem. The sideview mirrors have a thing inside that you can screw down to tighten it up a little, but the inside mirror doesn't, AFAICT.

thx

Tension adjustments are inside, pop the glass out, and tightening the mechanism is easy-instructions for popping the glass are in my red dot restoration article in the technical articles forum.

Will

No, but it plays one in a later Z! The parts are slightly different-the assembly is the same.

Will

  • 11 years later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Banzai Motorworks now offers an excellent reproduction Ever Wing interior mirror

IMG_1919.JPG

38 minutes ago, zspert said:

Banzai Motorworks now offers an excellent reproduction Ever Wing interior mirror

IMG_1919.JPG

Do you have a replacement mirror for the driver's door? '72 240, housing is good I need the beveled mirror.  Thanks for any reply.

9 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Do you have a replacement mirror for the driver's door? '72 240, housing is good I need the beveled mirror.  Thanks for any reply.

Cliff, do you just need the glass mirror part?  

Yes I do.  Just the glass.  I'll eventually go to a local glass supplier but they won't have the beveled edge.  I have a stick on 3" round one now so no rush until zcon 2019 when I'm coming for Zup's belt!  

HAHa.  What about this Alabama game?  I'm enjoying this with some beers.  How are the snow drifts at Arrowhead Lake?  Its 60 degrees here.  Cliff

P.s I think the world of you Dennis.  You're one of the few that know me.  We'll shake hands one day!  Hopefully at your place. LOL

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

Yes I do.  Just the glass.  I'll eventually go to a local glass supplier but they won't have the beveled edge.  I have a stick on 3" round one now so no rush until zcon 2019 when I'm coming for Zup's belt!  

HAHa.  What about this Alabama game?  I'm enjoying this with some beers.  How are the snow drifts at Arrowhead Lake?  Its 60 degrees here.  Cliff

Alabama looks good tonight.  Oklahoma, not so much.  Snow is melting a bit but temperature is in the low 20s overnight.  I was going to suggest a glass shop, but sounds like you've checked into that already.  I did that with the Avanti outside mirror in the past.

Dennis

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.